* Random Funny Stuff that doesn't Fit Elsewhere *

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 16 Jul 2008, 03:33

Johnnyrico wrote:haha looks like ive been on the drink.

the CGI looks terribad, lol
SST 3 had 1/5th the budget of the first one... even the actor for Johnny Rico admits it's a B movie.... but apparently it's pretty good regardless.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 27 Jul 2008, 02:29

Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Marlosious
Epic

Post by Marlosious » 28 Jul 2008, 17:23

A mother concerned for her son? or a desperate/pathetic attempt at a Beta invite :D

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6034&sid=1

Favorite response thus far "
He's watching pr0nz.

Fapping his sadness away..."

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 13 Sep 2008, 23:55

Note to self (and Mitra):

Write special "Bill Bailey" Monopoly chance cards, ala

CHANCE
You are Nietzsche - You're entire philosophy was espoused by the Nazis, and cynically manipulated to suit their diabolical ends.

Miss a go
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 22 Sep 2008, 10:53

http://www.voidwars.com/

Can someone who isn't at work right now tell me if this is any good?

:-P

Kayleb
Epic

Post by Kayleb » 01 Oct 2008, 13:36

Specifications - Features
FeaturesHDMI, glass bezel, polished metal tripod stand, 4 integrated speakers, 98% color gamut, webcam, microphone, speakers, single cable, super chic

Oh yea, I wish i had a monitor that was SUPER CHIC lol

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/product ... l=en&s=dhs

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 01 Oct 2008, 17:00

Video game themed wedding. I have to say that this is really pretty pro:

http://forge.ironrealms.com/2008/08/27/ ... e-wedding/

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Oct 2008, 22:11

Not sure this classifies as "Funny", but this is by far the most interesting and enlightening thing I have seen in many many years, perhaps ever...

Zeitgeist the Movie, is basically a Documentary that is true to it's title, I won't explain too much as you really have to see it to understand, but it basically disproves the myth of Jesus, talks about Almost every modern era war and the motives of a high powered few, including 9/11 and the proceeding Iraq/Afghanistan wars.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=zeitgeist&emb=0#

It IS 2 hours long, so I recommend doing when you've got a decent amount of spare time and have nothing else important to do.

It's voluntarily uploaded for free by the makers to video google and is not pirated. Some might see it as sensationalist but really it is spouting a lot of interesting facts/evidence that lets you make up your mind for the MOST part, where in a few area's it tells you "such and such IS this way".

I thoroughly enjoyed it and feel like it opened up a lot of new idea's/questions that I had not thought about at all, and raised a lot of suspicions about things I hadn't even heard of, that were so unbelievable, that I was certain they would have been all over the news.

Anyway, very informative documentary, focusing on conspiracy theories with a strong historical influence and very factual background for most things stated. As a personal lover of history I found this very interesting and entertaining.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 11 Oct 2008, 22:39

I beg to differ.

I'm yet to watch the second yet my best mate has told me a bit about, Ive downloaded it and haven't watched it.

After watching the first and realising how much of it wasn't true (all the birthdays being 25th dec etc) im a bit skeptical to watch this and take it as the truth.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 12 Oct 2008, 00:44

Eh, colour me unimpressed... the only believable conspiracy theory here is that some libertarians will say anything to push their stuff.

Don't get me wrong - libertarians are fine and all, but they spout as much white noise as everyone else.

I only got around 3/4 of the way through before I got bored. The documentary spent most of that time furiously masterbating.

Ignoring the gaping fallacies regarding religion - most of which are based on Jordan Maxwell's crank ramblings - the criticisms are almost all entirely incidental, or superficial.

Religions share certain characteristics? No way? STOP THE PRESSES!
Hey, human cultures share certain characteristics too - quick! It's a conspiracy!

Let's, you know, totally ignore the fundamental beliefs and philosophies behind them. :roll:

Okay, so that's the first part of Maxwell's conspiracy.

Now onto the delicious 9/11 claptrap.

Each piece of "evidence" as given appears to have some merit (in most cases), and I wouldn't be surprised if there's gross negligence, bad luck, greed and simple stupidity involved in many cases.

But that's not what conspiracy is about - let's instead attribute all these strange occurrences to some mysterious Illuminati, who pull all the strings of society.
Nevermind that many of the pieces of evidence put forth are conflicting, or nonsensical when placed in the context of a single conspiracy.

Perhaps it comes down to a spiritual hunger on the part of the makers - so deprived are they from any philosophical or spiritual introspection or community that they need to invent their own, human gods - people who "control the world". After all, how else could you explain these goings on?

It's cute for a while, but it gets pretty boring fast.

-My two penneth.

Edit: BTW - for something more entertaining and factually sound, Charlie Wilson's War is exceptional.

It has Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, but manages to be good in spite of that.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 12 Oct 2008, 02:04

*secures his tinfoil hat squarely on his head*

I'm going in boys...time to watch it.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 12 Oct 2008, 02:51

Just finished watching it, wasn't too bad, considering the current economic climate.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 12 Oct 2008, 08:55

Well I enjoyed it, it did make me think a lot about issues which I previously didn't even bother about/realise.

Obviously a lot of it is anecdotal evidence, but it was never the conclusions of the film that interested me, but more the evidence preceding them, gets me thinking.
I mean I don't just blindly accept that a certain few allowed/wanted 9/11 to happen, or purposely provoked/set up wars. However I was not previously aware to the facts surrounding these occurrences, particularly a lot of the 9/11 info... like I had no idea that the 7th world trade center building also collapsed till I saw this.

The idea (from my p.o.v) is to derive your own conclusions, or not even conclude at all, but to take in the information and think a bit more about things which have previously been told (or in some cases not told) by the media to you.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 12 Oct 2008, 13:00

And that's certainly a good way to look at any information presented to you.

But I'd take it one step further, and make a point of investigating anything you previously did not know to make sure it was presented in an appropriate fashion and context.

Also:
I did like the bit where Bush completely failed to answer the question about why he and Cheney were going to the commission together.
Truly, in America, anyone can become president. And Bush neatly illustrates that that doesn't necessarily make it a meritocracy :-)

Edit:
Seriously though, Charlie Wilson's War.
It was written by Aaron Sorkin too, so you know. Auto win.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 12 Oct 2008, 13:15

I'm not sure how much was true\false and honestly I dont really care. I agree with Karj, the film was enjoyable because it makes you think rather than makes you 'know' as such. Also who was the angry guy who was appeared a few times through the film? He reminded me of the television broadcaster out of V for Vendetta (not steven fry the other one).
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.