Optus are fucking useless

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Xact
Legendary
Optus are fucking useless

Post by Xact » 07 Feb 2011, 22:38

4-6 weeks? it was great 3 months ago and has slowly gotten worse, to the point now where it's nearly impossible to do any browsing/playing unless it's in Australia or not at peak time. This isn't a massive spike in a small amount of time. Surely you have Network Engineers that actually monitor wtf is going on?

How much foresight do you fuck sticks have? Or can't you see the future through all the jizz in and around your face/eyes.

Go eat some more dick.

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Re: Optus are fucking useless

Post by Dropdeadqt » 02 Mar 2011, 15:10

Looks like this place is on Optus as well so that probably explains the latency.

Scharla
Epic

Post by Scharla » 08 Mar 2011, 04:30

Agreed with you Xact, I'd get off Optus if I wasn't a lazy bastard - phone and internet both with them and a decent deal on the internet, would have to swap providers for both at same time and prob get a new home number and I cbf giving it out again.

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess, always been bouncy quality of service since I've been with them and definitely noticed poorer performance in last month or so.

Tugger
Epic

Post by Tugger » 08 Mar 2011, 09:39

You can keep your home number in most cases, just like a mobile phone in a way.

Don't be lazy, pick up the phone and make it happen.

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 08 Mar 2011, 12:22

I never have problems with Optus, not sure what you are all on about.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 09 Mar 2011, 12:11

I'd move if it were possible >< Really pissed at Optus right now

Lel do you have a really good Optus connection? From some browsing Hatter was doing the people paying the best for the top connections are fine. For the rest of us their is some shit in our contracts that they can decrease what's available to us to allow the others to get such great speeds (sorry if my terminology sux I'm not a computer whizz). Either way what they are doing is pretty shit and it will only bite them in the ass when there customers stop subscribing.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 09 Mar 2011, 12:46

We have a 500gig limit. I don't know if that's one of the top or not.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 09 Mar 2011, 18:48

Lellybaby wrote:We have a 500gig limit. I don't know if that's one of the top or not.
Yeah I'm not sure how you tell. I think ours is 60gig tho so definitely less. But it would fit with what Hatter was reading.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 10 Mar 2011, 08:55

I would change but not going to Telstra... fuck that, and no copper phone lines! :(

I'm on the 1TB plan... it makes no difference what plan you're on, I'm not even sure if it matters which state you're in, or what node you're on!

The only thing that has helped me is *some* ping reduction services, they obviously decide to re-route a different way and avoid Optus' saturated link.

Next week will officially be 6 weeks since they posted that message, if it's not fixed by then I'll be asking for more refunds, if they don't abide then going to the ombudsman.

The shit part is they could've sourced a link temporarily while they found a more permanent solution, but that would cost them money. So instead they have tens of thousands of subscribers (if not more) with unusable internet from 6pm till 2am.

Grouse
Epic

Post by Grouse » 11 Mar 2011, 12:58

TPG are the company who provide Grouse' house with internets.
They and telstra took their sweet time getting it set up. They had our address wrong. Strata lot 1 at street (i.e. house number) number 5... but they just had the street number rather than strata lot number(unit number/ appartment number) ...

TPG say "telstra has network details wrong, we can't connect you"
Telstra say "sure, it's done, you'll be good in <48hrs".

this continues daily for 10 days

My housemate sent an excerpt from his phone bill (you know how for ~$20 real money you get ~$900 worth of credit which is used at a silly high rate per call) which showed $450 worth of calls to telstra and TPG.

TELSTRA SEND HIM A CHECQUE FOR $450.

Then they send a second cheque for another $450 for no apparent reason.

$900 from Telstra FTW! :shock:

Since then our internets have been reliable and cheap-ish.
"Beep ... ... Beep ... ... Beep ... Beep ... Beep Beep BeepBeepBeepeepeepeep

...went my sarcasm meter."