I hate my office

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Philondra
Legendary
I hate my office

Post by Philondra » 27 Oct 2009, 19:36

Not my job. Not even the people. I hate the physical office building with its horrible ventilation.

It's almost November, which means we were atarting to get into the coolness that is mid-autumn. Outside it is a cool but still pleasant 19 degrees (Celsius). Inside my office, however? A ridiculous 29.1. It's not like people are being stupid and turning the heater on, either. It's because in an office where literally everything is done on computer, the temperature slowly rises throughout the day, and by around 4:00 PM it starts to feel like a freaking furnace.

In the summer, this is mitigated by air conditioning that keeps the room at a decent ~26 (still a bit on the warm side for my tastes, but definitely doable. In winter, though, the air conditioning doesnt get turned on, so it's actually *warmer* in the winter than in the summer. At 29 C I start sweating and have trouble concentrating, and I'm actually finding it difficult to focus at work right now.

Grrr.

Mews
Legendary

Re: I hate my office

Post by Mews » 27 Oct 2009, 20:47

I get the same sorta thing in kitchens. It's beautifully comfortable during the colder months because you have 3-4 hobs on, hot plate, grill, salamanders and 2-3 ovens, but in the warmer months it's guarenteed atleast an extra 10 degrees (Celcius) hotter than what it is outside in the sun.

We got a high of 41 in my home town, was easily 50-53 in the kitchen. Thank god for the cool room.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 27 Oct 2009, 21:21

Exact same thing with my office. Ever since last year when the fruity green party voting wackjobs got into the ear of maintenance they fucked with the AC system to try to reduce power because its oh so good for the environment (fucking douchebags). And of course ever since then the AC never fucking works properly. It can literaly be 10 degrees in one part of the office and 30 in another. At my desk it will range between a nice 18 when I come in to a unbearable 27 by around midday.

Moral of the story is that people who work in my office who vote for the greens party deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 28 Oct 2009, 02:13

Take your pants off.
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 28 Oct 2009, 02:56

Johnnyrico wrote:Take your pants off.
I cooked once without my pants on once. I have scars in inappropriate areas.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 28 Oct 2009, 04:04

Yeah I tried bacon in the nude when I was real baked one time. Fucking grease burns like a motherfucker...but the bacon still was awesome.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Plexi
Epic

Post by Plexi » 28 Oct 2009, 09:25

Tried bacon, ended up frying sausage ._.

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 28 Oct 2009, 09:54

Plexi wrote:Tried bacon, ended up frying sausage ._.
hahaha

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 28 Oct 2009, 11:30

Plexi wrote:Tried bacon, ended up frying sausage ._.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 29 Oct 2009, 05:38

I worked for almost 5 years in a kitchen with no aircon. Man i love my airconned job now :) Sometimes it gets hot when its pretty busy or you have to work at a register with less airflow - or in the storeroom that isn't airconned QQ, but working in temps of 29C don't seem too bad for me (basing this on the QLD climate). I have more than learned to appreciate it working in my last job where like mew it was 10 degrees warmer inside than the outside temp. If it helps just think of all the people in warehouses or outside slugging it away in all there PPE 24/7 with little airflow in the place let alone aircon. Then it won't seem so bad :)
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Ammune
Epic

Re: hjklhjk

Post by Ammune » 05 Nov 2009, 07:20

cbvnd110516 wrote:
<dodgey links>
I dunno what that is, but clicking on it seems like a bad idea.

Rico Edit: Didnt want to touch your post ammune, but i know some artard will click on the link and get hacked or something, PLEX

Plexi
Epic

Post by Plexi » 05 Nov 2009, 13:24

oi >: