The Programming Time-Cube

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
The Programming Time-Cube

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Jun 2009, 14:38

Everyone knows about the crazy dude who runs the Time Cube site. He's genuine crazy (or an awesome troll).

Today I found this guy: OOP Criticism (warning: will likely only be interesting to those with a passing knowledge of programming).

I don't think it's a troll... and it's obviously not quite as crazy as the Time Cube dude, but it sure reads a lot like it.

At one point he compares OOP to communism.

I certainly didn't read the whole thing, but after scrolling through it and letting my eyes glaze over a few times, it occurred to me that this page looked like it was the creation of a procedural programmer. If he'd taken an object oriented approach, he'd have split it up into cohesive chunks, instead of one long infinite page.

Any coders got a comment on this? I mean, OO isn't a silver bullet, by any means, but this dude just sounds like he's too old to try a different approach.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!