Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hang Around Gay People

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hang Around Gay People

Post by Cartollomew » 04 May 2009, 19:59

Evilelmo wrote:I'm sure you're capable of forming rationalized opinions on certain topics because you've had access to these materials, you've listened on the news about newly implemented laws, you've seen the parade on Mardi Gras. The point is, it's now it happens around us and in a certain aspect it does affect you even if you think it doesn't. For instance, you may see two girls holding hands on a street or you hear on the news about Centrelink now accepting gay couples.
AI affects you too, even when you don't know anything about it.

Further, societies in various places are making decisions on things they've not had to deal with before - several US states are/have legalised gay marriage for example.

You don't have to have gay marriage by law in order to discuss what ramifications (or lack thereof) it might have on society. Even though nobody has directly experienced the affect of legalising it, one must still entertain rational debate.

I put forth a hypothesis and you were unable to get past a prejudice and approach it in a rational fashion. Your family has acted in the same way. We all do it to some extent.

I'm not mortally offended at your discrimination of the robot people, but if they existed, I'd probably think you held a pretty reprehensible opinion.
...it's on how stubborn and adamant people are on their views when they're so ignorant of all the other factors.
And yet, each of us does it.

I'm not defending your parents' views, but I can see why they hold them.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Naoru
Epic

Post by Naoru » 05 May 2009, 23:21

Cartollomew wrote: AI affects you too...
I agree "Artificial Insemination" is one of the biggest issues facing the world today and will have huge implications for future generations of......farmers.
Chain Heal is what Prayer Of Mending wants to be when it grows up... = P Silly priests

Takius
Legendary

Re: Reasons Why You Shoudln't Hang Around Gay People

Post by Takius » 05 May 2009, 23:41

Johnnyrico wrote:
Evilelmo wrote:Basically i talked to a wall. A solid brick wall.
Now you know how we feel talking to you about boss strats.
Fixt
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Re: Reasons Why You Shoudln't Hang Around Gay People

Post by Johnnyrico » 05 May 2009, 23:51

Takius wrote:
Johnnyrico wrote:
Evilelmo wrote:Basically i talked to a wall. A solid brick wall.
Now you know how we feel talking to everyone about boss strats.
Fixt
Fix't again

READ THE FKIN STRAT FORUMS DAMNIT
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 06 May 2009, 01:11

Naoru wrote:
Cartollomew wrote: AI affects you too...
I agree "Artificial Insemination" is one of the biggest issues facing the world today and will have huge implications for future generations of......farmers.
Well what do you eat?
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Naoru
Epic

Post by Naoru » 06 May 2009, 01:36

Right now? My textbook. Did you know that a Cytophylactic is an agent that encourages the growth of skin cells? And a Antiseborrheic is an agent that prevents excessive secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands? Random info is random, yes?
Chain Heal is what Prayer Of Mending wants to be when it grows up... = P Silly priests

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 06 May 2009, 01:39

Naoru
Epic

Post by Naoru » 06 May 2009, 01:59

So if I'm reading this correctly; provided there is even the smallest trace of intent from a person when they present an idea, its not random? Versus, say, a tree just falling down on a car?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 06 May 2009, 11:13

Naoru wrote:So if I'm reading this correctly; provided there is even the smallest trace of intent from a person when they present an idea, its not random? Versus, say, a tree just falling down on a car?
*You misinterpreting the use of "AI" given the context, for comic effect wasn't random.
*Me linking to an article discussing some consequences of artificial insemination that are of interest to society at large rather than just farmers wasn't random.
*You firing off some facts from the textbook you're currently studying isn't random.

Given the context, I'm pretty sure the offtopic tangent to this thread isn't really random.

That said, Ms Dee probably applies too strict an eye when interpreting the word, but I found the image funny.

Shámtástìc
Common

Post by Shámtástìc » 02 Aug 2009, 14:09

Evilelmo wrote:One in eight (or is it seven) people in Australia have homosexual tendencies.
One in three statistics are made up, five in eight people know that (or is it nine? :S).

Also, hai gais.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 02 Aug 2009, 14:33

Shámtástìc wrote:
Evilelmo wrote:One in eight (or is it seven) people in Australia have homosexual tendencies.
One in three statistics are made up, five in eight people know that (or is it nine? :S).

Also, hai gais.
The stat quoted by Elmo can't be too far off - as a general rule, homosexuality has been present in most societies at a rate of around 10-15% for well over 2000 years.

In cases where the figure dips significantly, you usually have a highly prejudiced/puritan society, making accurate data collection much more challenging.

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 02 Aug 2009, 14:46

Rob will recognise this, saw it on FB today, fucken Tom haha

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 02 Aug 2009, 15:59

LOL remember?

"Tis a fine barn but tis no pool English"
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 02 Aug 2009, 16:34

Haha, that cunt is happy as a pig in shit

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 02 Aug 2009, 22:18

Becky - is exhausted by doing absolutely nothing says (10:16 PM):
ugly men should never be allowed to be gay
Tight.