This evil corporation wants to stop your kids from dying!

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
This evil corporation wants to stop your kids from dying!

Post by Cartollomew » 15 Dec 2008, 14:59

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/health/ ... inding.php

How dare they defend a vaccine with a solid medical history and an overwhelming number of positive studies, against a couple who aren't medically trained?

How dare they?

Honestly, these money grubbing companies, always trying to stop children from dying from preventable illness spin a buck.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Cartollomew

Re: This evil corporation wants to stop your kids from dying!

Post by Cartollomew » 03 Feb 2009, 14:17

http://www.badscience.net/2009/02/bad-science-bingo/

Radio show:
Moronic yelling host ....... check
Crackpot homeopathic callers ........ check
Faith in humanity .......... Nope, missing that one.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Feb 2009, 17:06

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/ar ... tml#010978
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=384

Stop your whining and immunise your kids. FFS.

While I'm at it: fluoride in the water is fine, our tap water is fine. Grow up.

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 25 Feb 2009, 18:31

Cartollomew wrote:our tap water is fine. Grow up.
Maybe *your* tap water is fine. I live in Tokyo. I'm surprised that I can shower without my skin corroding.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Feb 2009, 18:56

Philondra wrote: Maybe *your* tap water is fine. I live in Tokyo. I'm surprised that I can shower without my skin corroding.
I can't speak for yours, but people whine a lot about chlorination and taste/smell of perth water - the percentage of ground water in our tap water changes during the year.

Tap water in Australia is, frankly, safer than bottled - particularly bottled that is treated only with ozone.

/shrug

My only gripe with our water is that it's too cheap. In a country where we routinely have to have water restrictions, it shouldn't be economically feasible to waste it.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 26 Feb 2009, 01:00

I see everywhere signs for those water filters, omg dont want fluoride or sewerage in your water here buy this it only comes with an all exclusive pricetag that your grand kids will be paying off......

Not that we have recycled water yet, but in truth my mums partner already believes we do and nothing will change her mind >< Sure recycled water sounds gross but the people totally against it must remember our water reservoirs are teaming with life, and all life produces waste....... Not that they listen to logic.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 26 Feb 2009, 20:41

have you explained the water cycle to the guy....
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 23 Mar 2009, 13:27

Fact is that water recycled in australia is a lot better quality than that compared to overseas, our regulations on water recycling are a LOT tougher than that of the WHO. The pureest stuff is even drinkable, but that wont happen because of ignorant retards.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Mar 2009, 13:47

Takius wrote:Fact is that water recycled in australia is a lot better quality than that compared to overseas, our regulations on water recycling are a LOT tougher than that of the WHO. The pureest stuff is even drinkable, but that wont happen because of ignorant retards.
Ja, what many people don't understand is that our standards for drinking water are far more rigorous than our standards for food.

Food quality standards are what is applied to bottled water, which basically means the bottled water you buy is less safe than tap water.

Edit:
Cartollomew wrote: My only gripe with our water is that it's too cheap. In a country where we routinely have to have water restrictions, it shouldn't be economically feasible to waste it.
I've tentatively changed my stance on this - in order to have an effect, a price hike would need to apply to industry and agriculture, which would be economically unsound. Actual household water restrictions (while good for the sake of public awareness) account for a tiny percentage of total water usage.