"Gadget Guy" in Latin is "Lying Whore"

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
"Gadget Guy" in Latin is "Lying Whore"

Post by Cartollomew » 27 Nov 2008, 11:55

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/article.asp ... pagePage=1

Do you have a product that does SFA? Give money to the Gadget Guy and you too can receive a stirling review from a "tech expert".

Let's review the "benefits" of this particular product, shall we?

1. Up to 24% reduction in your electricity bill. In some cases even more.
In studies where people switched off their power for a quarter of the time, sure.

2. Plugs into any socket. No re-wiring needed - just plug the unit into any power socket on your premises and that's all you need to do.
Also comes with a magical gemstone which will guarantee you a longer penis. The gemstone doesn't require installation either! THAT'S SCIENCE!

3. Suitable for holmes (wtf?), shops, restaurants and offices.
Not suitable for Watson, I guess. See above comment about things that do fucking nothing being suitable for everything too.

4. No maintenance required.
It doesn't do anything. Of course it doesn't need any maintenance. If it did something, then it would. You incorrigible fucking hack.

5. Rapid return on your investment.
In that you immediately feel better about yourself after buying it. You'd also receive a rapid return on your investment in an icecream. I don't know about you, but I'm going to go with the choc-ice.

6. 1-1 exchange warranty.
"This one isn't working." "Oh, I'm sorry. Here - have another one that doesn't do anything"

7. Environmentally friendly.
Much like that rock you have sitting in the garden. But does the rock have a 1-1 exchange warranty?

8. It acts as a voltage stabiliser and therefore supplies load with proper voltage during momentary power surges.
My opinion regarding outright falsehood from someone in your position? Twenty years from now, you should still be in prison.

9. When buying an electrical appliance (eg. Washing machine) there is a choice between an appliance of a 'high energy rating', which consumes less electricity and costs more, or an appliance of a 'low energy rating', which consumes more electricity but is cheaper to buy. The Power Saver unit operates on a similar principle and converts the whole electrical circuit to a 'high energy rating circuit' therefore saving you money on your electricity bill.
Oh for fuck's sake. That's it, I give up. If the retards who watch "mornings with fruity and daggy" on channel 7 want to feel good about doing stuff for the dolphins then go right ahead. I'm only bitter because I didn't think up a way to make stupid people give me money too.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Re: "Gadget Guy" in Latin is "Lying Whore"

Post by Dropdeadqt » 28 Nov 2008, 12:46

See the last part where it says: Available exclusively at Harvey Norman?

That is the point where you should realize the whole thing is just a gag

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 28 Nov 2008, 12:53

Alleycat wrote:See the last part where it says: Available exclusively at Harvey Norman
But... but... Harvey Norman are the electrical experts!

They're practically engineers, right?
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 28 Nov 2008, 13:42

Cartollomew wrote:
Alleycat wrote:See the last part where it says: Available exclusively at Harvey Norman
But... but... Harvey Norman are the electrical experts!

They're practically engineers, right?
Yes, they all have Bach. Rocket Surgery, Majoring in P.B.S.

You can guess what PBS is and I'll give you two little hints. It's not the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and it smells rather bad...

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 28 Nov 2008, 20:35

Harvey "we recommend monster cable" Norman. -ripping you off since 1958... or whenever
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 04 Dec 2008, 12:54

Can i jsut say that Harvey Norman doesn't buy his own paperclips. He uses the ones that others give from other companies.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.