Adventures in irritation

Get something off your chest.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 30 Oct 2008, 15:32

Guess again.

I think phpBB 3.0 handles url tags a hell of a lot better though. This board's software be dated, yo.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 30 Oct 2008, 16:17

Better Idea.

I not care...

You not care...

We get b33r.

Plan sounds pretty awesome to me.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 30 Oct 2008, 16:22

Alleycat wrote:Better Idea.

I not care...

You not care...

We get b33r.

Plan sounds pretty awesome to me.
^ Promote this man!
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 30 Oct 2008, 16:24

Out of curiosity (and to promote further thread incest/OT posting), what's the beer like over in SK? (price and quality)
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 30 Oct 2008, 16:25

Cartollomew wrote:Out of curiosity (and to promote further thread incest/OT posting), what's the beer like over in SK? (price and quality)
TIGER BEERRRR
8?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 30 Oct 2008, 16:29

Johnnyrico wrote: TIGER BEERRRR
I was going to say "that's Indonesian", but apparently the distributor covers a lot of SE Asia (and, oddly, New Zealand?).

It's okay, but overpriced for what it is whenever I find it in Perth.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 30 Oct 2008, 16:33

Johnnyrico wrote: Perth.
lol, no one cares about perth
8?

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 30 Oct 2008, 17:05

I love Tiger Beer, got some last weekend... it's gooood shit
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Kalifa
Epic

Post by Kalifa » 30 Oct 2008, 17:25

if korea is like japan then they ONLY like lager with rice malt and just enough hops so it tastes like beer instead of sake

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 30 Oct 2008, 17:25

Johnnyrico wrote:lol, no one cares about perth
Point.
Johnnyrico wrote:Soo fking tempted to fly out to hang with the perthaloids.
Johnnyrico wrote:Go to melb, pickup elmo, go to perth, rock that shizz.
Johnnyrico wrote:omg, rereadin this thread makes me wanna party in perth now >.>
Counterpoints.

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 30 Oct 2008, 17:30

The b33r is called "hite".

I'm told from reliable sources it is something akin to watered down pig piss, with a rich blend of crap and plenty of watered down water. But for the koreans, it's cheap and basically "all they got" (or had, there is a lot more of a selection now but it's at an import premium for anything other than that piss)

see http://www.hite.com/ for details (probably in hangul)

Other than hite, the main source of alcohol is basically a bottle of embalming fluid. No really. They have a drink called Soju (소주). It is basically what I would call Metho in a saleable bottle. There are a lot of different brands such as C1, Jinro (who is back!... dunno what that means but the advertising is everywhere). Its developed traditionally from rice but more often these days it's from any sort of starchy product as it's more cost effective.

Booze wise it's anywhere from like 20 to 50 percent alcohol making it fairly potent.

One thing tho, I almost never hear of people having serious hangovers from just drinking soju. Mix it with something else and it will invariably rape your face in.

Price wise it is cheap. Like very cheap. Probably why so many people are hammered so much. A 300mL bottle will set you back about $1.00 for the cheapo brands, $2.00 for the more common brands and I would garner a guess that there are some more expensive brands but it's not something I have an interest in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soju

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 30 Oct 2008, 17:38

Alleycat wrote:The b33r is called "hite".

I'm told from reliable sources it is something akin to watered down pig piss, with a rich blend of crap and plenty of watered down water.
So in other words, the fact that it's a mere one letter off the word "Shite" isn't a coincidence?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 30 Oct 2008, 17:46

Hmm, I dunno... is the water used to make the beer naturally fresh?

That could be a dealbreaker! :-P

Thanks man, that made my day.

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 30 Oct 2008, 17:56

It's very natural... full of... water... naturally... natural... water... (after they stole as much of the water out of it so it would be more natural... or whatever).

I don't know what it means, they probably google translated it or something and what they meant to get was "spring water" but it was instead "natural".

Wouldn't be the first time.

I have a small case that came with some freebies from a place I stayed in Inchon. This is what is written on the front.

"Moetl Reagent"

Yes, that is exactly how it is written...

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 30 Oct 2008, 18:24

Cartollomew wrote:
Johnnyrico wrote:lol, no one cares about perth
Point.
Johnnyrico wrote:Soo fking tempted to fly out to hang with the perthaloids.
Johnnyrico wrote:Go to melb, pickup elmo, go to perth, rock that shizz.
Johnnyrico wrote:omg, rereadin this thread makes me wanna party in perth now >.>
Counterpoints.
Pfft, i just wanna head over to school u nubs

Screw it, i'll go back to melb and party with the cool peeps :b
8?