Sacked for destroying colleague's vuvuzela

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Dropdeadqt
Legendary
Sacked for destroying colleague's vuvuzela

Post by Dropdeadqt » 09 Jul 2010, 10:51

A DUTCH railway worker was sacked from his job for sawing a colleague's vuvuzela in half in a fit of rage.

Nels van Toor says soccer-mad colleagues brought the instrument to work and blew them constantly during Netherlands games, the Haarlems Dagblad reported today.

The final straw apparently came when co-workers attached one of the controversial horns to a compressed air pump, producing a constant, ear-splitting drone.

Mr Van Toor, 44, grabbed the vuvuzela and hacked it in half.

Bosses at Nedtrain in the northern city of Haarlem sacked him on the spot, the Dutch newspaper reported.

"It made the most unbelievable noise. It is vuvuzela terror," he told the Haarlems Dagblad.

No one from Nedtrain was available to comment, the paper said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/sa ... z0t8rQ1LAs
Man should get a fucking medal, not a sacking.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Re: Sacked for destroying colleague's vuvuzela

Post by Johnnyrico » 09 Jul 2010, 11:25

Everyone in the Netherlands world should name their first born after this man.

In addition, if you have a first born, there name will now be changed to reflect this change.

Regards,
VAN-TOOR RICO
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 19 Jul 2010, 10:36

I've been looking to get one of these simply to take along to parties and other dull\uncomfortable social events, that way I can simply start blowing it once people become boring \ go into long pointless stories.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 19 Jul 2010, 16:25

Go for it Takius, it just gives everyone another reason to punch you in the face.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 19 Jul 2010, 18:00

Hey, I constantly strive to better myself in the field of annoying douchebagery!
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.