Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast Feeding

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Philondra
Legendary
Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast Feeding

Post by Philondra » 11 Jun 2010, 06:48

I swear to God, you can't make this stuff up. This feels more like an article from The Onion rather than something that actually happened.
Women in Saudi Arabia should give their breast milk to male colleagues and acquaintances in order to avoid breaking strict Islamic law forbidding mixing between the sexes, two powerful Saudi clerics have said. They are at odds, however, over precisely how the milk should be conveyed.
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/sa ... g/19504280

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast Feeding

Post by Cartollomew » 11 Jun 2010, 10:47

Oh yeh, that's weird.
A fatwa issued recently about adult breast-feeding to establish "maternal relations" and preclude the possibility of sexual contact has resulted in a week's worth of newspaper headlines in Saudi Arabia. Some have found the debate so bizarre that they're calling for stricter regulations about how and when fatwas should be issued.
A fatwa on fatwas perhaps...
"The man should take the milk, but not directly from the breast of the woman," Al Obeikan said, according to Gulf News. "He should drink it and then becomes a relative of the family, a fact that allows him to come in contact with the women without breaking Islam's rules about mixing."
You're doing it wrong. The religion is there to serve the people, not the other way around. When you have to start doing bizarre shit like this, it means something isn't being interpreted in a useful fashion > . <
But his remarks were followed by an announcement by another high-profile sheik, Abi Ishaq Al Huwaini, who said that men should suckle the breast milk directly from a woman's breast.
Oh, I see. That last guy was the non crazy one. I'm waiting for the part that says "Abi Ishaq Al Huwaini lives in a house with 6 maids, aged 18-21".
"The whole issue just shows how clueless men are," blogger Eman Al Nafjan wrote on her website. "All this back and forth between sheiks and not one bothers to ask a woman if it's logical, let alone possible to breastfeed a grown man five fulfilling breast milk meals.
Madam, you are missing the point.

Now pop out a boozie, lest we get in trouble for this discussion :o
"Moreover, the thought of a huge hairy face at a woman's breast does not evoke motherly or even brotherly feelings. It could go from the grotesque to the erotic but definitely not maternal."
80% of the way through the article before reading common sense. Sigh.
Unlawful mixing between the sexes is taken very seriously in Saudi Arabia. In March 2009, a 75-year-old Syrian widow, Khamisa Mohammed Sawadi, living in the city of Al-Chamil, was given 40 lashes and sentenced to six months in prison after the religious police learned that two men who were not related to her were in her house, delivering bread to her.
Yeh, seriously doing it wrong. Or someone in power has one hell of a granny fetish.

Thanks Phil. I get to start my day in a surreal fashion > . >
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Karjalan
Legendary

Re: Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast Feeding

Post by Karjalan » 12 Jun 2010, 10:48

All I have to say to that is

"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur