Circumcision is bad Mmmm'kay? (NSFW)

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Re: Circumcision is bad Mmmm'kay? (NSFW)

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Jun 2010, 00:37

In short, yeh - vaccination "hurts" your child because of the needle and very rarely some temporary side effects. As a result they don't die from preventable diseases, and can't act as a carrier for other children and mothers.

It's important to remember that with vaccines, not everyone is able to get them, and they aren't effective in 100% of cases - as a result, as far as I'm concerned people have a societal duty to have their children vaccinated if they are able.

If I had my way, the freedom not to have your child vaccinated would be taken away - it's just that important.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 30 Jun 2010, 16:14

Oh she is vaccinated, its just hard is all. The very first time I burst into tears lol. I'm not as bad as Hatter he won't even come into the room cos he will hit the nurse so I'm to always be the big meanie :) I think the next ones are the worse 6 months I think its 3 needles :(
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 27 Jun 2012, 12:03

CART CASTS EPIC ZOMBIE THREAD RESURRECTION!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18604664

Wow, Germany. Although it's mostly symbolic and not really enforceable... yet.

I suspect we'll see more of this as time goes by, too - or possibly the incidence of infant circumcision will just subside by itself.

(I've changed my stance on this issue btw - not because I think it's significantly worse than I did before, but because it's clearly unnecessary surgery and the supposed health and religious ritual reasons for it don't outweigh the right of the child to decide for themselves. It's a permanent procedure.)
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!