More internet politics

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Mitra
Legendary
Re: More internet politics

Post by Mitra » 18 Jan 2010, 14:09

mmm but there are many different languages in india and the most common (spoken between indians) is english.
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 18 Jan 2010, 17:40

Mitra wrote:mmm but there are many different languages in india and the most common (spoken between indians) is english.
Hence it's not worth learning their official language?

I don't know about you, but if I had a choice between hiring a guy who could speak Hindi and a guy who couldn't for an Indian business deal, I know who I'd be picking.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 18 Jan 2010, 18:08

Cartollomew wrote:
Mitra wrote:mmm but there are many different languages in india and the most common (spoken between indians) is english.

I don't know about you, but if I had a choice between hiring a guy who could speak Hindi and a guy who couldn't for an Indian business deal, I know who I'd be picking.
The question is invalid. Trying to get business 'out' of india is like trying to get blood out of a rock.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 18 Jan 2010, 18:49

Lellybaby wrote:
Cartollomew wrote:

The question is invalid. Trying to get business 'out' of india is like trying to get blood out of a rock.
I always thought it wouldn't be that hard, just a little soap and elbow grease, washes blood out of anything eventually. Unless you were talking about a Blood Diamonds...
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur