The Golden Girls turned everyone gay!

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Philondra
Legendary
The Golden Girls turned everyone gay!

Post by Philondra » 16 Nov 2009, 15:28

http://christwire.org/2009/10/the-golde ... mosexuals/

This is probably only really funny for Lel -- it's (evidently) a completely serious article written by some very right-wing person about how The Golden Girls turned an entire generation of American men into homosexuals. The article reads a lot like satire or trolling, but evidently the guy is serious. Still, I got a lot of laughs out of it.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: The Golden Girls turned everyone gay!

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Nov 2009, 15:48

Oh god, the articles on this site are accidentally hilarious.

This is why it's so hard to tell the difference between a religious troll and a genuine religious nut.

I remember years ago stumbling upon a fundamentalist Protestant movie review site which issued a warning over the Muppets - apparently Miss Piggy wearing a miniskirt was considered lewd.

/sigh

Edit:
This article is one the funniest things I've ever read.
On the other side, there was a subculture of homosexuality creeping up on our youths. It gave them an excuse to wear tight jeans and to sneak off to public parks for quick releases with hairy men of different ethnicities.
Damn you, gays, and your entirely one dimensional and sex obsessed natures!
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Nov 2009, 16:03

Phil, are you absolutely sure this isn't parody?

"The Dark Underside Of America’s Obsession With Cat Ownership"

Fuck:
Cartollomew wrote:This is why it's so hard to tell the difference between a religious troll and a genuine religious nuts.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 16 Nov 2009, 16:11

Honestly, I have no idea anymore. I was 100% convinced it was a parody/satire/trolling until I read the comments section, as the way the author defends what he writes made me think that he's just a complete nutcase.
Our horny, lonely boys sought out intimate comforts with likeminded Golden Girls addicts who didn’t mind each other’s theatrical voices and touch-feely hand gestures. Together, these clusters of awkward teens and twentysomethings bonded over their favorite episodes and characters, mimicking the voices and gowns of their tv friends. When the rush of cheesecake and gabfests wore thin, these hairless boys needed a harder thrill.
It's all so clear to me now!

Marijuana --gateway drug--> cocaine.
Golden Girls -- gateway drug--> cheesecake --> gay sex orgy

How coud I not have seen it before?

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Nov 2009, 16:27

Even if the site is supposedly serious, I'm almost sure now that this guy's articles are trolling and he's taking the admins for a ride (unless the whole site is a parody).

His articles are pretty funny though - I recommend the cat one and the sodomy one.

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 16 Nov 2009, 17:36

If you walk down the street today and bump into a middle-aged homosexual, chances are that the nasty comeback he will shout at you is something he picked up from Dorothy Zbornak of the Golden Girls.
Fuck... i'm guilt of that :>

I have 4 seasons of Golden Girls on DVD

and lastly....

Where's my cheesecake :>

Edit: Oh by the way that little shit of an Author attacked NCIS. He better watch out or he's going to get a bitch slap across the face.

PPS: He attacked Oprah. That bastard is going to burn in eternal damnation.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Nov 2009, 17:46

Ja, had a poke around the site - really quite sure it's a satire site.

Eg: http://christwire.org/2009/05/chinese-a ... cceptable/