Arrest that woman!

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Kayleb
Epic
Arrest that woman!

Post by Kayleb » 15 Oct 2009, 10:46

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Aheado ... id=8807685

I dont know what to think with this... on one hand she has violated the court order, but on the other... she hasn't.
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

Philondra
Legendary

Re: Arrest that woman!

Post by Philondra » 15 Oct 2009, 10:59

An arrest might be a little preemptive, but if an investigation into the logs reveals that the woman *did* poke theo ther person on facebook, then I totally agree she should be charged with violating a court order. It's basically the internet equivalent of calling someone on the phone, breathing heavily, then hanging up.

As an aside, I totally hate social networking sites. I haven't even my livejournal (<-- old school) in about 3 years, and even then it was a once-per-year pace. No facebook or myspace account and never, ever intend to get one.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 15 Oct 2009, 11:29

Philondra wrote:
As an aside, I totally hate social networking sites. I haven't even my livejournal (<-- old school) in about 3 years, and even then it was a once-per-year pace. No facebook or myspace account and never, ever intend to get one.

Ditto on that, I've never seen the big deal. Somehow I still get emails asking for friends requests aswell and I have never been to facebook......
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Sparton
Uncommon

Post by Sparton » 15 Oct 2009, 11:44

It's because people are looking for you on Facebook, and not finding you.

I don't use Facebook very much, but when I first began I really appreciated it as a way to say hi to various friends I've made around the world. It can definitely be too "public", and requires micromanaging if you wish to compartmentalise your friends (or present a different face to different groups).

To be harsh with myself, I have found that this format has made me learn to be more honest with and about myself. Because I can't have a different "me" page for each of my different groups of friends, I have had to be more open about my entire self to every one of my friends. Before I could share just part of my personality, and hide the things that I thought would be met with disapproval.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 16 Oct 2009, 07:57

Its kind of scary now with the lil one on the way when I think about it. So many kids are using these sights from primary school age and they can just be targetted and victimised so easy.. If I ban my child from the net I'll be a bitch but if I don't they may never be socially accepted, ahh the age we live in.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine