Facebook... Movie O_o

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Dropdeadqt
Legendary
Facebook... Movie O_o

Post by Dropdeadqt » 24 Sep 2009, 10:32

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story ... 39,00.html
POP star Justin Timberlake has landed a role in an upcoming movie about the meteoric rise of social networking website Facebook.

Timberlake, 28, will play Facebook's founding president Sean Parker in the film, titled The Social Network, which is to be directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker David Fincher, Variety reports.

Fincher has directed films including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Fight Club.

Timberlake's movie career has included a voice role in the Shrek animated blockbusters as well as The Open Road and Alpha Dog.

Jesse Eisenberg, whose films include Adventureland and The Hunting Party, is to play Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, the report added.

Variety said that the Facebook movie would focus on the evolution of the website from its creation in 2004 by student Zuckerberg into a global phenomenon with more than 200 million members.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Facebook... Movie O_o

Post by Cartollomew » 24 Sep 2009, 12:19

Welp, using facebook doesn't excite me. So I can't imaging watching a movie about it would.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 24 Sep 2009, 12:20

Wait... is this like a movie movie, or is it more of a documentary/mockumentary along the likes of Upsize me ?
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 24 Sep 2009, 12:26

Johnnyrico wrote:Wait... is this like a movie movie, or is it more of a documentary/mockumentary along the likes of Upsize me ?
Justin Timberlake
Even if it's a movie or a documentary it's just going to be a colossal lol