Teacher Beats Student Unconscious

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Teacher Beats Student Unconscious

Post by Cartollomew » 10 Jul 2009, 15:24

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5717 ... ls-student

The URL is a little presumptuous - the kid isn't dead. Yet.

Here's the thing though: It's unlikely that the teacher was just batshit insane. I'm guessing here, that there's been more bullying in the classroom - of the student-to-teacher kind.

So although I don't think "the kid got what he deserved" or anything, it should serve as a warning to parents and kids alike: teachers often have to put up with crap over and above the work they're meant to do. So be aware that both a teacher or a postal worker could just snap at any moment. It's unlikely they'll beat someone to death with a perfectly calibrated 10 newton weight, but everyone will let off steam one way or another.

Gotta wonder what was going through the teacher's head though.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Re: Teaches Beats Student Unconscious

Post by Dropdeadqt » 10 Jul 2009, 18:11

Cartollomew wrote:Gotta wonder what was going through the teacher's head though.
Dunno about at the time, but I'm sure now it's ..."shoulda used the 50, shoulda used the 50, shoulda used the 50"...

Karjalan
Legendary

Re: Teaches Beats Student Unconscious

Post by Karjalan » 10 Jul 2009, 18:24

I don't blame him, I particularly find the last quote un settling "it is totally his fault"... it is never totally one persons fault.... ugh, anyway I cbf ranting and raving at the stupid that is humanity...

Students are dicks, they think they are funny, they are disrespectful and they are lucky this shit doesn't happen more regularly
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Teacher Beats Student Unconscious

Post by Cartollomew » 10 Jul 2009, 18:32

the last quote is
"... it cannot be totally his fault."

Karj.

Also:
Disappointed nobody took my set up and followed through with a joke about what was going through the student's head at the time (a 10 newton weight).
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 10 Jul 2009, 23:27

"It's a massive shock and very sad because if there is something wrong with the teacher, it cannot be totally his fault."

Implies that he has some psychological problem. Kids are dicks, sometimes they need a good dealing to to put them in their place.

$5 says he was mouthing off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7CqxJ3tHKQ
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Jul 2009, 05:42

My reading comprehension is quite clearly the opposite of success.

And that skit from the south park movie had me in stitches for like a week haha.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Kayleb
Epic

Post by Kayleb » 11 Jul 2009, 11:03

The teacher was recently jailed for attempted murder, cant remember the details, but it was srs.
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 11 Jul 2009, 18:22

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/836324 ... son-heckle

seems he just had enough. I really can't say I blame him some of the people I went to school with used to bait teachers to make them cry or so angry they left the classroom.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine