South Korea Has No Idea

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Dropdeadqt
Legendary
South Korea Has No Idea

Post by Dropdeadqt » 08 Jul 2009, 13:37

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story ... 39,00.html
SOUTH Korean police are investigating a series of cyber attacks on major websites including those for the presidential office, the defence ministry and other government agencies.

Some 25 websites were attacked late Tuesday, shutting off service for nearly four hours, media reports said.

The Cyber Terror Response Centre, a division of the National Police Agency, has established a team to look into the case, according to Yonhap news agency.

The so-called denial-of-service attacks targeted government ministries, agencies and major internet portal sites, Yonhap quoted officials at the state-run Korea Information Security Agency as saying.

Denial-of-service attacks involve the sending of large amounts of data that cause web servers to seize up.

The Defence Security Command last month reported that the nation's military computer networks are under ever-growing cyber attack, with 95,000 cases reported daily on average.

It said in a report that every day the military counters an average of 10,450 hacking attempts and 81,700 computer virus infections in addition to other cases.

The command said most of the attacks are the same as ordinary people experience at home, but 11 per cent are sophisticated attempts to hack into military servers and gather
What they don't seem to understand is that almost every virus in the country is the same one. EVERY (I'm not exaggerating here) PC joint I have been to has had the exact same virus on it. The virus spreads by copying itself onto any sort of writable removable media (USB drives which almost everyone has) and then replicating onto the next computer you plug it into by way of an auto run script. The virus is

Trojan horse PSW.OnlineGames.***

Every computer except mine in the school is infected with it. They use a program called V3 internet security which doesn't seem to actually remove the threat at all. My AVG used to burn about 20-30 attacks from it a day till I removed myself from the network and just jacked their internets.

81,700 computer virus infections... yeah right, 81,695 of them are the same fucking virus. L2CleanYourBackDoorAssholes.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: South Korea Has No Idea

Post by Cartollomew » 08 Jul 2009, 13:47

/facepalm

I bet this is the same exploit that was patched like 3 months ago.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!