ZOMG! "UTEGATE"!

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
ZOMG! "UTEGATE"!

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Jun 2009, 14:29

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5671991

You know, I remember a time when parliament was a place for debating legislation based on policies.

Still, it's a nice way for our pollies to finish up before their 6 week break :roll:

...and people wonder why I'm anti-partisan.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Lellybaby
Legendary

Re: ZOMG! "UTEGATE"!

Post by Lellybaby » 23 Jun 2009, 14:36

I really wish we had uncorrupted parliament members....

One thing that shits me off is abuse of power based on your positon.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Jun 2009, 14:41

Lellybaby wrote:One thing that shits me off is abuse of power based on your positon.
What shits me most about this is that they've wasted so many hours arguing over nothing.

I would never advocate lying from a politician, but honestly - we've had far worse situations than this, and nobody has made a peep.

But all of a sudden, now our parliament can't pass any laws until they're done screaming at each other to resign.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 23 Jun 2009, 14:44

But Mr Turnbull defended his actions saying the opposition had acted "reasonably and responsibly" by basing its accusations on evidence a Treasury official - Godwin Grech - gave to a Senate inquiry on Friday.
Must of been the same people who gave Howard evidence on Iraq...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Jun 2009, 16:57

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/5678678 ... ld-breath/

Zzzzzzzzz.

But hey, never mind, holidays soon. That's the period of time when politicians aren't meant to consider and pass legislation.

As opposed to the time when they are, but don't.

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 25 Jun 2009, 19:09

I'm sick of the media appending "-gate" to political scandals...

that scandal wasn't even in this country....
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 25 Jun 2009, 19:21

Kent Brockman wrote:...in a case the media have dubbed "Beat Up Waiter"... this reporter suggested "Waitergate", but was shouted down at the press club...