VOLTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Chappy
Epic
Re: VOLTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

Post by Chappy » 20 Jun 2009, 12:17

from the link below it seems that if the guy was wearing an IPOD he just might still be alive, =P

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=827911
C://dos
C://dos.run
run.dos.run

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 20 Jun 2009, 14:30

Yeh, but what they failed to mention is that the iPod is now permanently looping AC/DC's Thunderstruck.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Chappy
Epic

Post by Chappy » 20 Jun 2009, 16:22

LMFAO!!!!!
C://dos
C://dos.run
run.dos.run

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 22 Jun 2009, 09:58

Aha, cart you champion.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 24 Jun 2009, 18:11

I really do feel sorry for police, there almost like doctors in that noone cares wtf they do till someone dies or is injured. I work in retail. I've done all these courses and bullshit on dealing with aggressive customers/ armed holdups and how to diffuse situations and remain calm but truth be told it only works half the time..... When you deal with shitty people its hard to remain calm. I've been at work and thought oh shit this guy is going to kill me before and been really fucking scared and that wasn't even with a weapon in their hand. In truth you want to climb over the counter and take them out before they have a shot at you, so half the time no I don't blame the cops for being overly aggressive. Its human behavious when someone does threaten you to do everything you can for self preservation, and all the training in the world doesn't necessarily help overcome normal instinct and adrenaline.

I do think police brutality happens, a hell of a lot more than is reported. Some cops are just asses straight out of the box and all the training in the world doesn't change the fact that they think their better than you, but again thats human nature too. Some people have superiority complexes but I do think it all comes down to experience too. Nothing really takes you down a peg or too then oh shit that really scared me you know that person could of really hurt me. Hatter said he saw it all the time on the streets and you could tell straight away an oldhand cop to a new one. The new ones often had something to prove and some people cop it just for being a damn smart ass - not saying that isnt wrong but hell if I decked a customer at work everytime they'd be a smart ass to me (in a mean way) I would of lost my job 10+ times per day. Hatter had one mate who was a smart ass, he got charged for assault, for repeatedly hitting his head against an officers knee. Hatter says it was the other way around but when your a streetie noone gives a fuck anyway and its your word against theirs. And I'm not saying the dickhead didn't deserve it for something else he likely did, streeties are addicts have no income and often resort to stealing so yea they do wrong but just not in every instance. But I do beleive the instances we see in the news are rarely police brutality, I do reckon its something that happens more to those that cannot help themselves or would not be believed anyway because of their circumstances.

But most police are good nice people and they don't deserve to be shot at just for doing their jobs and protecting the innocent. Hell the law protects the criminals so bad today that half the time its the innocent that feel like the victims. And if they get sweet fuck all when injured in the line of duty well thats just a disgrace.... I remember seeing the same thing to some army personal injured they get a minimal pension and told carry on with life and have to sell their homes, cars and the luxuries that make life a lot better just to support their families, and some couldn't even afford the hospital bills associated with their injuries. Its not nice really how we as a society treat those that have to try and protect us (mostly from ourselves). I for one swore to myself that being a police officer was definitely not the career option for me. When everytime you shoot someone it appears all over the news, or "no my poor little tommy was ONLY carrying a knife and now his dead cos the police shot him he was such a good boy" the media really loves the grieving parents or putting the perps as victims in every circumstance. I think its true some of what chap says we really do have to harden the fuck up and the law needs to change that these people are locked up a hell of a lot longer.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 21 Jul 2009, 12:58

I command thee to RISE UP FROM THE DEAD!

Also:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... are-tasers

Cecil Adams basically says what I said. So there. :-P
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!