Oh the irony...

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Takius
Legendary
Re: Oh the irony...

Post by Takius » 14 Jun 2009, 01:48

Two british people thought I was actually SCOTTISH in Switzerland......they should have known better >.>
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Evilelmo
Epic

Post by Evilelmo » 14 Jun 2009, 04:28

scottish? aye a wee lad you are.

*grins*

you do look a bit scottish though imo. OH SNAPZ

lol mew if I'm not any of those ethnics then what am i?

* I'm black.

:O

this has gone horribly offtopic, my point being i don't think any sort of pale skinned Asians would be a target of racist attacks in Australia. This concern in China was probably sparked by the recent protests in Melbourne by the Indian community? Coming from a family who interacts with a lot of Indian people it's hard to tell why they are a target, they are quite peaceful (the ones here anyway) and they never start fights :S

Maybe they're jealous the black men are stealing all the white chicks? (Johnny! what are you doing?)

I say LOBBIDITY!!! You say LOL!!!

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 14 Jun 2009, 05:45

You hit the nail on the head elmo, they are generaly pretty cashed up, mild mannered, not ones to start a fight, travel alone on public transport...I could go on but you get the picture. I'm sure some of the attacks are simply flavour of the months skinhead "lets pick a race and direct hate against them" but I'm more inclined to think the majority of attacks against Indian students are simply robberys ect.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 14 Jun 2009, 12:56

Korean, Singaporian, Malaysian chinese, Japanese, Hong Kong'anese?, Vietnamese
Koreans generally have a wider jaw. Singaporeans, Japanese and Hong kong people generally have a lighter skin tone, where Vietnamese have a darker skin tone.
It's easier to work out what people AREN'T than what they are, mostly due the mixing of genes from different areas. I usually ask anyway (If I care enough).
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 14 Jun 2009, 16:11

If their speaking in their own language have a listen too, its pretty easy to tell the difference between Japanese Chinese and Vietnamese.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 14 Jun 2009, 20:28

Maybe they're jealous the black men are stealing all the white chicks? (Johnny! what are you doing?)
i lol'd
Also i get cockblocked by indian chicks at work when i hit on the new english girl

THAT SHIT AINT FAIR YO!
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 15 Jun 2009, 01:06

Clearly theres more than enough rico to share around ladys

Naoru
Epic

Post by Naoru » 19 Jun 2009, 00:20

Evilelmo wrote:Yeah but it's hard to differentiate between us.

I've been mistaken for all sorts, Korean, Singaporian, Malaysian chinese, Japanese, Hong Kong'anese?, Vietnamese hell, I've even get asked if I'm a halfy (Narou was one lol).

Never Mainlander though phew...

I'm not a big fan of their styling.
Nah I thought you were a Mongolian at first.

IMO the best way to tell what country an Asian person is from is by listening to their speech. Mainland chinese use lots of long "rrrrr" sounds. Japanese is easy if you've watched any jap movies on SBS. Korean is harder because it sounds like Japanese. Vietnamese has lots of "ong" and "mui" sounds.
Yup good to see those 4 years of studying Japanese and Chinese at uni didn't go to waste. Yes siree.
Chain Heal is what Prayer Of Mending wants to be when it grows up... = P Silly priests