Just exercising an inalienable right...

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Just exercising an inalienable right...

Post by Cartollomew » 29 May 2009, 14:41

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5613029

I'll bet that's the most action that gun has ever seen.

I know this could have easily been prevented if the parents had had the damn thing locked up in a cabinet the way they're meant to, but seriously... enough with the guns, guys.

Just stop it, it's embarrassing.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Kayleb
Epic

Re: Just exercising an inalienable right...

Post by Kayleb » 29 May 2009, 16:51

that makes me angry. not only will the parents have to live with that for their lives, that poor girl will probably grow up tormented by something she isnt able to comprehend.

Will people ever learn?
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 29 May 2009, 20:52

It annoys me when its called a tradgedy - no the parents should be up on bloody murder charges for stupidity
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 30 May 2009, 05:49

Satrix wrote:It annoys me when its called a tradgedy - no the parents should be up on bloody murder charges for stupidity
QFT

Keeping a gun LOADED, NOT locked up, and not even out of reach of young childeren.... in fact in a place they are most likely to search.

I mean. TBH my sympathetic heart tells me that the parents are probably just idiots who overlooked this matter and will be suffering enough as it is and probably blaming themselves.

From a psychological point of view, I would be very interested to follow this girl for the next few decades of her life to see how it has affected her. As she is around the age where you basically can't remember anything (I have no idea of a single thing that happened when I was three) But more than capable of comprehending emotions, actions/consequences etc.

Damn you psychology, turn me heartless.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur