The ol' drill in the head trick.

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
The ol' drill in the head trick.

Post by Cartollomew » 20 May 2009, 14:03

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5579407
"I spoke with Dr Wallace a day or so later and he said Dr Carson picked the right spot and that astounded him. It took a lot of guts."

Dr Carson was unavailable to comment on Wednesday morning as he was delivering a baby.
Dr Carson is also a great listener, gentle lover and spends his weekends rescuing puppies.

I know he's a doctor, so it's not unusual for him to be delivering a baby, but it just reads so... smug.

"Oh no - I couldn't possibly spare a moment for the press - I'm delivering a baby and doing tax returns while working at this soup kitchen..."

Still, props for the drill thing. That's pretty uber.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Re: The ol' drill in the head trick.

Post by Johnnyrico » 20 May 2009, 14:26

unreal!
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 20 May 2009, 20:26

Its all good when it works. If it had of failed the parnets would no doubt be filing lawsuits right now and the public would be condemning him
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 21 May 2009, 03:14

Satrix wrote:Its all good when it works. If it had of failed the parnets would no doubt be filing lawsuits right now and the public would be condemning him
I have more faith in humanity than that. Certainly, some people might have that reaction, and many might have it at first - the need to blame someone can be strong. But I like to believe that the majority of people would understand that the doctor did the right thing, no matter what the outcome.

Besides, that doctor is basically Batman. C'mon.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 21 May 2009, 12:26

Its all hushed up very quickly when accidents happen in hospitals. You see cases every so often of when stuff goes wrong very arely do you see the good sides. There is some good docos out there from doctors and whistle blowers in the industry. what makes it harder is when a doctor makes a mistake there isn't anyone for them to really talk too because theres this inbuilt faith that doctors never make mistakes like the rest of us.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine