EA gives out some /facepalm stuff to press

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Xact
Legendary
EA gives out some /facepalm stuff to press

Post by Xact » 27 Apr 2009, 09:25

http://kotaku.com/5207521/ea-ships-ille ... -them-back

Illegal in most states in the US, how could they even think they could do this LOL?

Kayleb
Epic

Re: EA gives out some /facepalm stuff to press

Post by Kayleb » 27 Apr 2009, 15:33

lol thats epic fael, srsly just dumb
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 27 Apr 2009, 15:48

Mind you, I'm not convinced that it's a good idea to ban brass knuckles. It's a step away from banning bricks ffs.

But yeh, way to think it through, EA.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 27 Apr 2009, 18:04

Cartollomew wrote:Mind you, I'm not convinced that it's a good idea to ban brass knuckles. It's a step away from banning bricks ffs.

But yeh, way to think it through, EA.
Hmmm... bricks have a widely used practical use outside of enhancing your ability to inflict pain on ones enemies.... However maybe brass knuckles have some other form of use I'm un aware of as I have never really over educated myself on the matter.

But yeah, the whole world gets a little less fun each day with PC and banning things
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 27 Apr 2009, 18:16

Karjalan wrote:Hmmm... bricks have a widely used practical use outside of enhancing your ability to inflict pain on ones enemies.... However maybe brass knuckles have some other form of use I'm un aware of as I have never really over educated myself on the matter.
While this is a fair point, I'd give myself even chances of being able to create either one from common things around the house. I'd also give myself even chances of using them in a physical fashion on other people.

People generally aren't dicks, and the ones who are, aren't going to be impeded by an inability to readily purchase brass knuckles.

"Oh gee... They aren't legal to sell or possess? Well crap. I guess I'll just give up being violent."
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!