So much "The Force"

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Dropdeadqt
Legendary
So much "The Force"

Post by Dropdeadqt » 24 Apr 2009, 10:33

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: So much "The Force"

Post by Cartollomew » 24 Apr 2009, 11:27

"I love the Star Wars films and the concept of being a Jedi, that the faith is not divisive."
The faith is not... that the faith isn't... that... what the fuck?

I mean, sure... you could be forgiven for thinking the "faith" is not divisive, what with there being no conflict at all in the StarWars universe.

Also:

*Once again the news summary at the top is total failure
*Can't boil down a story into three dot points
*Fucking lazy editors die in a fire please

Also - fun with the comments:
I class myself as Jedi. But i would never consider myself to be Atheist. They are two totally different religions... May the force be with you.
Hey! You're an idiot.
I am a Jedi from the Uk, it started becuase of the sensus, there is a rule that if over ten thousand people nominated thereselves as Jedi then they would have to create a new religion bases for us, as per usual the dark side put a stop to this but the sensus did produce over 250 thousand Jedi, May the force be with you all
You're a potentially bigger idiot.
I class myself as Jedi. But i would never consider myself to be Atheist. They are two totally different religions... May the force be with you. COULD N0T AGREE MORE! WAZZA Gold COAST
Congratulations, a winner. All hail WAZZA, king of the morons!
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

dukkha
Epic

Post by dukkha » 24 Apr 2009, 12:55

I don't know. I think I'm more horrified by the guy who couldn't spell census. Repeatedly.

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 24 Apr 2009, 13:05

The guy who classes Atheism as a religion is kinda depressing. Also a grab from the side of the page that I laughed at:
When Did Dobby become a Jedi Knight? or am i mixing scenes, guess i had too much too smoke this morning.
PSYDUCK!
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 24 Apr 2009, 13:33

dukkha wrote:I don't know. I think I'm more horrified by the guy who couldn't spell census. Repeatedly.
I've given up on spelling, but surely people can know when NOT TO USE ALL CAPS? I COULDN'T AGREE WITH MYSELF MORE ON THIS, BECAUSE THE INTERNET REALLY VALUES MY OPINION!
Takius wrote:The guy who classes Atheism as a religion is kinda depressing.
Depends on whether or not you view the casual use of "atheism" as meaning "no chosen faith" or "actively choosing no faith". I would argue that the latter is comparable to a religious direction (in the sense that the person has actually made a choice) while the former is either a degree of agnosticism or laziness.

I have this argument with one of my housemates every once in a while - he says he's an atheist, I say if he's too lazy to come up with anything for himself, he's giving actual atheists a bad name.

Kind of the way the followers of the "jedi religion" give nerds a bad name.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 24 Apr 2009, 13:58

No Chosen Faith - "I'm just window shopping thanks"
Actively Choosing No Faith - "They're all a load of shit, maybe Linux will make a better product in the future"

I love it