FileFront to close on March 30 (!)

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Philondra
Legendary
FileFront to close on March 30 (!)

Post by Philondra » 26 Mar 2009, 15:13

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: FileFront to close on March 30 (!)

Post by Cartollomew » 26 Mar 2009, 15:20

Whoa.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 26 Mar 2009, 16:04

This reminds me of when Stage 6 closed, that had to be one of the highest quality/best performance video streaming sites I can recall... sad times.

BTW is it just me, or is the "economic crises" kind of a self fulfilling prophecy... shits performing bad BECAUSE people think "ahhh a recession" and pull all their money stop spending etc....

It seems kind of dumb... but then I'm no that financial savvy so I'll shut up now.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 26 Mar 2009, 16:16

Karjalan wrote:This reminds me of when Stage 6 closed, that had to be one of the highest quality/best performance video streaming sites I can recall... sad times.

BTW is it just me, or is the "economic crises" kind of a self fulfilling prophecy... shits performing bad BECAUSE people think "ahhh a recession" and pull all their money stop spending etc....

It seems kind of dumb... but then I'm no that financial savvy so I'll shut up now.
It is definately bad at the moment. My company has dropped from ~150 staff to 100 staff over the space of 6months (redundancy) etc, and its going to get tighter.

I have companies ringing me up asking if i can pay their bills early.

I tell them to DIAF. Everyone is suffering and its one big giant circle that doesn't end -_-

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 26 Mar 2009, 16:28

Karjalan wrote:BTW is it just me, or is the "economic crises" kind of a self fulfilling prophecy... shits performing bad BECAUSE people think "ahhh a recession" and pull all their money stop spending etc....

To some extent, yes - which is why the various stimulus packages are supposed to help. The theory is that people will continue spending which keeps retail/small business people employed, and their suppliers in business, all of whom can still afford to spend money etc etc.

But that's only one aspect of the whole economic shitpile.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 26 Mar 2009, 18:26

Karjalan wrote:This reminds me of when Stage 6 closed, that had to be one of the highest quality/best performance video streaming sites I can recall... sad times.

Stop watching South park.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 26 Mar 2009, 19:00

I wrote that BEFORE I watched that episode... at least I think, it's something I've been thinking about for a while anyway.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur