Fred Phelps - Champion of Astonishing Ignorance

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Vampirial
Legendary
Re: Fred Phelps - Champion of Astonishing Ignorance

Post by Vampirial » 21 Feb 2009, 13:59

I'm with you karj, most religions claim tolerance of others but when it comes down to it if you disagree they'd love nothing more than to burn you at the stake.
I especially disagree with the misionarries that go third world countries and won't give them aid unless they convert, its such a waste whole cultures lost. By that I mean they make them give up everything they are just to live, I know the will to live is strong in the human spirit but in a way theyve killed a part of that person and their culture just by dictating the way they do.
It usually takes a lot to make me angry enough to want to harm a person but the religious leader in question in carts post i could happily execute, not for what he believes if thats what he wants fine, but more the fact he gets off on peoples misery and just being a self righteous PITA. If someone disagrees with you turn the other way and let them have there opinion/view of the world as they see it, aslong as you do the same for them. Coexistence amongst religions would be a very nice thing.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine