Satanic clothing and Evil Hairdos banned

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Satanic clothing and Evil Hairdos banned

Post by Cartollomew » 05 Dec 2008, 11:13

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5192175

This is a brilliant move by the Australian government, and goes hand in hand with their new policies on cleaning up the internet.

They, at least, are thinking of the children, who are likely to end up with terribly warped minds as a result of such evil clothing and sexually suggestive hair styles, running rife through our society.

Tehran - don't think I've ever been there. That's in NSW, right?
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Lellybaby
Legendary

Re: Satanic clothing and Evil Hairdos banned

Post by Lellybaby » 05 Dec 2008, 12:57

"Some individuals, not knowing what culture they are imitating, put on clothing that was designed by the enemies of this country," Rahmani said.

"The enemies of this country are trying to divert our youth and breed them the way they want and deprive them of a healthy life," he added.

Thank goodness people with similar bliefs in Western Culture (KKK) don't have alot of influence on any Political Systems.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 05 Dec 2008, 13:23

Jacinta wrote:Thank goodness people with similar bliefs in Western Culture (KKK) don't have alot of influence on any Political Systems.
Ah, you men those people who, for example, don't allow gay marriage?

Or the ones who are now requiring same sex couples to undergo a police clearance (not required for heterosexual couples) when adopting?

Don't get me wrong, we're not nearly as badly off as we could be; but it wasn't so long ago that black people couldn't vote in America, and the religious right still wield a whole lot of influence.

The difference is probably primarily attributed to freedom of speech and expression, but Western cultures of late have allowed a number of scary laws to go through without fanfare (PATRIOT, anyone? BUT THE TERRORISTS WILL WIN!)
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 05 Dec 2008, 13:40

At least the terrorists are thinking of the children!

Lellybaby
Legendary

Post by Lellybaby » 05 Dec 2008, 15:14

Cartollomew wrote:
Jacinta wrote:Thank goodness people with similar bliefs in Western Culture (KKK) don't have alot of influence on any Political Systems.
Ah, you men those people who, for example, don't allow gay marriage?

Or the ones who are now requiring same sex couples to undergo a police clearance (not required for heterosexual couples) when adopting?

Don't get me wrong, we're not nearly as badly off as we could be; but it wasn't so long ago that black people couldn't vote in America, and the religious right still wield a whole lot of influence.

The difference is probably primarily attributed to freedom of speech and expression, but Western cultures of late have allowed a number of scary laws to go through without fanfare (PATRIOT, anyone? BUT THE TERRORISTS WILL WIN!)
Point taken, but we at least both agree it use to be alot worse. Who knows maybe the western world is ready for another bra burning movement to sweep the globe.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 06 Dec 2008, 00:55

man hate to think what they'd think of me going out.

I often wear corsets, i love how small they make my waist but my cleavage could poke me in the eye!
Black clothes
Black and green make up
My hair is half blonde and half black
Usually very high shoes so I don't trip over my skirt/dress
Dog collar

I'm an execution waiting to happen.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine