Forced Pregnancy Tests in Highschool

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Forced Pregnancy Tests in Highschool

Post by Cartollomew » 08 Aug 2012, 11:38

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... dents.html

Yeah, that's the way to get teen pregnancy numbers down. /sigh
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Lellybaby
Legendary

Re: Forced Pregnancy Tests in Highschool

Post by Lellybaby » 08 Aug 2012, 16:56

Plus if they find out the girl is pregnant they can kick them out of school.

Conservatives in the US really do upset me some times.

Hopefully the ACTU will be able to get this crushed. Should be enough privacy laws to prevent this.

Juke a DK/Warrior, Die Anyway ._.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 08 Aug 2012, 18:34

Lellybaby wrote:Plus if they find out the girl is pregnant they can kick them out of school.

Conservatives in the US really do upset me some times.
Mmm. I know this isn't an explicitly "Christian"-based idea (unlike some of the terrible legislation that gets pooped out in the US), but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the thinking behind it comes from some misguided application of evangelical Protestantism.

Don't these people sit back after planning these things and look at the bigger picture of what they're creating and think, "Oh shit. This is possibly the least Christ-like thing we could be doing?"

Fuck. It's the cognitive dissonance that gets to me.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Jmickey
Rare

Post by Jmickey » 09 Aug 2012, 10:38

Cartollomew wrote:Yeah, that's the way to get teen pregnancy numbers down. /sigh
You're right, it probably won't. This will though:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... rts-today/

Fuck yeah for Obama Care.

The founding fathers of the US made it pretty clear they wanted religion and state to be completely separate, or shit would spiral downhill pretty quickly...Needless to say they were pretty spot on.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 09 Aug 2012, 10:53

Jmickey wrote:Fuck yeah for Obama Care.
QFMFT!

It's depressing that shit like the PATRIOT act can be shot through and turned into law with nary a complaint from the self-described libertarian lobby groups, yet something as obviously important as health care reform is a big deal and has to be pushed through by degrees.

If he's done nothing else (and he's pretty close to having done nothing else) at least Obama got the damn health care changes in. It was a near freaking thing too, with the court ruling.