Michael Bay - Raping Your Childhood Again

Anything newsworthy. Or newsworthy for being spectacularly un-newsworthy.
Forum rules
RTFA is assumed - do not reply unless you've read the linked article.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Michael Bay - Raping Your Childhood Again

Post by Cartollomew » 21 Mar 2012, 16:49

Hahahahahaha.

Seriously though, they're right - TMNT was always pretty awful, but I was 6 years old, so I thought it was the BEST EVAR.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 21 Mar 2012, 16:53

Cartollomew wrote:Hahahahahaha.

Seriously though, they're right - TMNT was always pretty awful, but I was 6 years old, so I thought it was the BEST EVAR.
I remember being really into TMNT when I was younger, too. That being said, I have no idea what my reaction would be if I watched it today. Probably something along the lines of "WTF was I thinking!?"

Speaking of WTF was I thinking, about a year ago back I saw a picture of me when I was ... oh, 9 or 10. I had the most huge, ugly looking glasses ever. I asked my mom, "Why did you get me such awful looking glasses?" and she said "We didn't pick them out, YOU were the one who picked them out" and I was like "GAH!"

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 21 Mar 2012, 16:58

Philondra wrote:I remember being really into TMNT when I was younger, too. That being said, I have no idea what my reaction would be if I watched it today. Probably something along the lines of "WTF was I thinking!?"
It's pretty bad. But the cartoon reboot from a few years ago is even worse.
Philondra wrote: Speaking of WTF was I thinking, about a year ago back I saw a picture of me when I was ... oh, 9 or 10. I had the most huge, ugly looking glasses ever. I asked my mom, "Why did you get me such awful looking glasses?" and she said "We didn't pick them out, YOU were the one who picked them out" and I was like "GAH!"
Heh. I have the same thing, except I was 13 when I picked out my first pair of glasses. I should have known better.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!