Music / @Selten

Use this forum to post various productivity killers. Give each item/group of items their own thread!
Forum rules
Don't forget to post NSFW if in doubt (and especially when not in doubt).
dukkha
Epic
Music / @Selten

Post by dukkha » 25 Jan 2011, 18:51

Selten didn't seem to instantly perk up at the mention of Tool, and suggested I link to music (though not necessarily to these guys), so on the off chance Selten and/or anyone else isn't aware of Tool (consider me a little confused, as I thought they were at a level of public awareness similar to Nirvana), here is a couple of their songs/film clips. Not necessarily my favourite songs, but they were the singles, which implies a certain degree of accessibility.

Stinkfist:
Parabol:

Selten
Legendary

Re: Music / @Selten

Post by Selten » 27 Jan 2011, 16:46

Looks good, I'd like a chance to chat with you more about it on vent though. Perhaps before / after raid on Thursday?
I hate jokes about German sausages. They're the wurst.

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 29 Jan 2011, 18:02

I saw them live last week at BDO Auckland. They played both those songs as well as Aenima, Lateralus, Third eye, Schism, Prison sex and some song off 1000 days. Too bad they followed Rammstein, their show was lackluster by comparison.

Most well known single is probably Schism. I've always been a fan of the entire Aenima album; Hooker with a penis, Pushit and Jimmy <3.

Interesting fact; NZ has bought the most Tool albums of anywhere in the world per capita. I'm sure that syntax is incorrect but cba correcting it.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Kayleb
Epic

Post by Kayleb » 31 Jan 2011, 12:16

So keen for Soundwave. BDO didnt seem to impress this year... apart from tool
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

dukkha
Epic

Post by dukkha » 02 Feb 2011, 14:29

Selten, you were commenting on enjoying soundtracks, so there's a good chance you've already heard this, but if not, Clint Mansell is hands down my favourite soundtrack composer (and he used to be in Pop Will Eat Itself, which is extra cool). He worked with Kronos Quartet and Mogwai on The Fountain score, both of whom I enjoy as well, so bonus.

I assume you've heard Lux Aeterna, from Requiem For A Dream (Clint Mansell and Kronos Quartet again), if only because it's been more abused in movie trailers over the last ten years than Hall Of The Mountain King, but in case you haven't:

And following the trail of connections, here is Kronos Quartet playing Travelling Birds, written by Sigur Ros: