Thunderfury Movie

Use this forum to post various productivity killers. Give each item/group of items their own thread!
Forum rules
Don't forget to post NSFW if in doubt (and especially when not in doubt).
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Thunderfury Movie

Post by Cartollomew » 07 Jan 2007, 18:54

...from the tank's perspective.

http://molotov.homeunix.net/molotov-thunderfury.wmv
(a warning: this video is ~25 megs in size)

For you bandwidth impaired people, I've stuck it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4bco1WUVs
It's considerably faster to load, but also at a mightily crappy resolution.

I'm a complete and utter nub when it comes to video editting, so you'll see a lot of fades ><

And the end titles are cheesey, but I couldn't work out a better way to do that.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone who was there, everyone who contributed, the alchemists who donated their cooldowns, the miners who smelted the elementium.

Thanks also to Dukkha and the members of Horizon, who minutes earlier, were helping us take out Nef, due to a player shortage.

A big thankyou to Locck, Hellfat and the people of Reborn, who offered their assistance and came along to watch. We wish Hellfat the best of luck in wrestling the 2nd bindings from Baron Geddon!

Thunderfury is truly an amazing accomplishment for our young guild, and I think a fine reflection on the whirlwind of progression we've made.

<Molotov> amazes me yet again.

-Cart
Last edited by Cartollomew on 10 Jan 2007, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

bakazero
Epic

Post by bakazero » 08 Jan 2007, 06:28

i thought it was awesome. vid editing is a pain in the ass.
the credit titles reminded me of my c64 days *sigh*
i loved th esong about photos of you know who naked.
well done man you deserve a kick ass weapon. it might compensate for you know what ;D

<3 cart
ADDICTED TO CHAIN LIGHTNING SINCE 2014

Rathollorn
Legendary

Post by Rathollorn » 08 Jan 2007, 11:33

Cart you need to re-edit that to show the bit where you realised you couldn't loot the quest item, and had to resummon Thunderaan ... embrace your noobish moment of glory!
Seize the means of production comrades!

Runetender
Legendary

Post by Runetender » 08 Jan 2007, 12:23

The victorious writes the history Ratholorn, ....only the victorious :)

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 08 Jan 2007, 17:10

Rath: I'm more concerned about everyone seeing how poor my tanking was on that first fight. I missed firing bloodrage due to lag, so it wasn't used for the first five seconds; I had a revenge light up and just didn't use it at all... ugh, it was some lazy tanking.

In my defence, I was really tired and flipping out at the time.

The second Thunderaan kill was actually a lot better, but was harder for me to include; DPS went nuts pretty much from the get go and I spent the last 20% in zerker stance executing ;-)

In both cases I forgot to wear any NR gear.

-Cart
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Rathollorn
Legendary

Post by Rathollorn » 08 Jan 2007, 21:07

I thought you were supposed to tank in zerker stance ... maybe that's why I die so much.
Seriously, thanks for letting me tag along and congratulations - I'm stoked cos I make a cameo in your line of sight :)
Seize the means of production comrades!

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 10 Jan 2007, 17:56

Movie is now on YouTube and can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4bco1WUVs

-Cart