Stop Child Abuse

Use this forum to post various productivity killers. Give each item/group of items their own thread!
Forum rules
Don't forget to post NSFW if in doubt (and especially when not in doubt).
Philondra
Legendary
Stop Child Abuse

Post by Philondra » 24 Dec 2008, 19:52

I keep seeing this banner link at a prominent US left-wing news site, and every time I do it disturbes me more and more:

Panel 1: Innocent looking girl sits happily at a table.
Panel 2: Woman with dishevled hair and a t-shirt that reads "child abuser" holds up her index finger.
Panel 3: Aforementioned innocent looking girl looks scared.
Caption: "Trust your Instincts."

Am I to assume that the child abuser FINGERED the innocent looking girl, and we, the viewers, are complicit because we didn't inform the authorities? Because that's the only conclusion I can draw from this banner ad. Can someone explain it to me, or is this really just one fucked up image?

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Stop Child Abuse

Post by Cartollomew » 24 Dec 2008, 20:16

Yeh, that's pretty fucked up right there.

Personally, I'm suspicious of any people I see wearing "Child Abuser" shirts - whether they raise their fingers or not.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 24 Dec 2008, 21:05

i reckon she's teaching her sign language.

kid has finger horizontal.

'teacher' has finger vertical.
kid is upset / embarressed they got it wrong
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Jan 2009, 14:17

I'd totally do that child
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur