Large Hadron Collider cam feeds!

Use this forum to post various productivity killers. Give each item/group of items their own thread!
Forum rules
Don't forget to post NSFW if in doubt (and especially when not in doubt).
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Large Hadron Collider cam feeds!

Post by Cartollomew » 11 Sep 2008, 12:20

Nerds can watch this almost-live feed from the LHC in Switzerland...

Sure, nothing much actually happens, but it's pretty nifty nonetheless.

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

No?

Well, I found it exciting.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 11 Sep 2008, 12:42

Ahahahaha, gold.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Sep 2008, 14:16

Lols... I appreciated it.

They haven't actually done any serious colliding yet eh?
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Philondra
Legendary

Post by Philondra » 11 Sep 2008, 14:42

So THAT'S what caused that 6.9 earthquake this morning.

Nostradamus was two days early in his prediction. (I'm supposed to get a major earthquake on September 13.)

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 11 Sep 2008, 15:00

Karjalan wrote:Lols... I appreciated it.

They haven't actually done any serious colliding yet eh?
They've whizzed some particles around, but they haven't done so under conditions that would result in a collision.

That is, crackpots who believe the world will end when it fires up have got another month or so before being proven wrong.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Sep 2008, 15:07

BALKC WHOLES WIEL DESTROI USS AWLLLLL
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

dukkha
Epic

Post by dukkha » 11 Sep 2008, 15:29

hehehe, that's beautiful. I'm really looking forward to reading about the results of this. It may not work like they hope, but I think whatever happens will be interesting.

And frankly, if the people predicting the end of the world are right, then I will cackle for as many microseconds as I get at what a wonderful way it is for the world to end.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 11 Sep 2008, 15:41

dukkha wrote:And frankly, if the people predicting the end of the world are right, then I will cackle for as many microseconds as I get at what a wonderful way it is for the world to end.
Agreed.

Nobody will take me up on my "I bet you 10,000 dollars the world doesn't end" deal...

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 11 Sep 2008, 20:08

Cartollomew wrote:
dukkha wrote:And frankly, if the people predicting the end of the world are right, then I will cackle for as many microseconds as I get at what a wonderful way it is for the world to end.
Agreed.

Nobody will take me up on my "I bet you 10,000 dollars the world doesn't end" deal...
Haha... the world doesn't end.. you get 10,000 dollars... the world does end... the world ended so "meh"... it's win win.

I'm seriously hoping for some interesting new findings, like a new way for men to increase their penis size without the use of harsh machinery or drugs/herbal supplements which don't actually work....
OR like a new form of energy :O:O:O or some significant scientific discoveries that TOTALLY BLOW YOUR MIND...

I like how people wrote emails/letters complaining of a Half Life paradox... "romg might open portals to another world letting aliens in"
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 11 Sep 2008, 20:52

oh noes
resonance cascade!!!!!

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 11 Sep 2008, 22:38

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 11 Sep 2008, 23:04

the source of that page has awesome commenting

also has an rss feed... in case you need to know right now
http://www.hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com/rss.xml