All We Read is Freaks

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
All We Read is Freaks

Post by Cartollomew » 17 Sep 2010, 19:08

Will Bowers has a beautiful turn-of-phrase:

http://therumpus.net/2010/04/all-we-read-is-freaks/

He's written a book by the same name - I suspect it consists of more of the above - which I've been trying to get my hands on for ages. Supposedly is being reprinted in December :-)
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

dukkha
Epic

Re: All We Read is Freaks

Post by dukkha » 17 Sep 2010, 21:58

Thanks Cart, that was a really wonderful read. Although now I'm trying to figure out how to get a copy of the book as well. Hopefully you're right about the december re-issue. His articles at Pitchfork are really impressive as well. Seems they stopped in mid 2009 though, which is a real shame.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: All We Read is Freaks

Post by Cartollomew » 18 Sep 2010, 01:16

I've been camping this page for the last 2 years and the date hasn't budged from the 30th of December 2010.

So I'm really hoping that it's still on schedule for a reprint.

His Puritan Blister articles were golden, as was his (now defunct) blog of the same name - unfortunately the blog was shutdown by some record company lackeys, which is a real shame.

The album titles/covers alone were creative wonders, let alone the (highly illegally hosted) music mashups he arranged into mix tapes.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!