Latency reduction

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Rowlan
Uncommon
Latency reduction

Post by Rowlan » 09 Jun 2010, 15:39

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cyFix.html

I found this earlier while being bored to death while the servers were/are down. Anyway I downloaded it and tried it out on some alts on US servers (not on rowlan raiding yet) and it seems like it made a difference. I'll double check later when servers are back up, but its definitely something worth looking at. Also, if you don't like it keep it civil, I won't be condescended to or flamed in this forum, and if I am I'll stop posting immediately and I'm not joking.

Tugger
Epic

Re: Latency reduction

Post by Tugger » 09 Jun 2010, 16:01

Yeah bro, did this one a while back. Prior to getting cartping and changing to Windows 7, I found it quite effective but now I just cant tell anymore.

I have however installed this and done it since I changed to Win 7 and havent noticed anything different.

Handofdesu
Epic

Post by Handofdesu » 09 Jun 2010, 16:03

I've been using Leatrix's Latency fix for ages, its pretty good. The latency decrease isn't that large, but any improvement is nice.
desudesudesudesu

Mitra
Legendary

Post by Mitra » 09 Jun 2010, 16:13

Rowlan wrote:Also, if you don't like it keep it civil, I won't be condescended to or flamed in this forum, and if I am I'll stop posting immediately and I'm not joking.
seriously?
"Life is no Nintendo game / But you lied again / Now you get to watch her leave / Out the window / Guess that's why they call it window pane" -Eminem 'Love the way you lie' - Award for Excellence in Puns in the medium of Rap 2010

Scharla
Epic

Post by Scharla » 09 Jun 2010, 16:14

I want to test that comment, but don't want to be the first one to test that comment.

Alogagain
Rare

Post by Alogagain » 09 Jun 2010, 16:32

I could not raid without it before, and am not game to try to remove it now. It has been trouble free since I applied it.

I also need to turn off my combat log and use a raid set of addons which is a small subset of my normal play addons. Turning them off did not do the trick - I have to have them not present in my addon folder.

This means having two addon folders and swapping.

Good news is I can read posts and reply! my internet is working again.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 09 Jun 2010, 16:52

Mitra wrote:
Rowlan wrote:Also, if you don't like it keep it civil, I won't be condescended to or flamed in this forum, and if I am I'll stop posting immediately and I'm not joking.
seriously?
Lol WTF... I'm with Mitra, Seriously? who puts a clause at the end of their post >.<
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Selten
Legendary

Post by Selten » 09 Jun 2010, 16:56

Karjalan wrote:
Mitra wrote:
seriously?
Lol WTF... I'm with Mitra, Seriously? who puts a clause at the end of their post >.<
If he wants to, whats the problem?

Lets keep things on subject in this thread guys ... latency reduction.
I hate jokes about German sausages. They're the wurst.