Funnky HTML5 Examples

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
midi
Legendary
Funnky HTML5 Examples

Post by midi » 07 Aug 2009, 11:56

http://9elements.com/io/projects/html5/canvas/
Loads 100 twitter comments about HTML5 and renders them as particles on the screen. Click a particle to read the twitter comment.

http://www.blobsallad.se/iframedsallad.html
Spam the H button a bit and then throw them up in the air. J joins them together again. G toggles gravity.

Note: Your browser has to be fairly current for these to work.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Re: Funnky HTML5 Examples

Post by Cartollomew » 07 Aug 2009, 12:18

I wonder if Adobe are shitting their tiny pants over this, or if they just assume it'll be too inaccessible for most clowns so they'll carry on using Flash?

PS
Flash can DIAF.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 07 Aug 2009, 12:27

yep, Adobe flash can diaf. I've hated flash ever since they used it to bloat out websites with noisy advertisements. To be fair there's a lot of clever stuff out there that uses the format (Like the Yuyu which is an flash animation, not a video), but 99% of the time it's advertisements that waste bandwidth.

What will be interesting is Microsoft. The browser game has changed and there's a lot more contenders this time around so it'll be harder for them to go their own way like before (ie. CSS).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tassia
Rare

Post by Tassia » 10 Aug 2009, 12:47

Ghostcrawler wrote:Adding poisons to FoK is actually a pretty hefty buff.
The "pop enrage" for rogues.