My new best friend

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Xact
Legendary
My new best friend

Post by Xact » 29 May 2009, 08:48

I think I'm starting to get addicted to this shit, and it's Molotov's fault.

http://www.uzienergy.com.au/pages/Home.html

Vampirial
Legendary

Re: My new best friend

Post by Vampirial » 29 May 2009, 08:50

I can't drink energy drinks they make me feel pretty sick if I consume any (only ever tried mother and V - not the whole can though)
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 29 May 2009, 09:16

I'll take any of them as soon as I need it.

Actually the Rockstar with orange juice is actually pretty good, it's become known as breakfast juice in my area of the office as it quiet frequently appears on my desk at 8.30-9am, generally after a raid night with some booze.

I just had an uzi, and I feel heaps better for it, kinda want another one, but I got a coffee and a powerade instead lol.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 29 May 2009, 09:20

sugar free red bull or gtfo
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 29 May 2009, 09:23

Ewww.

Actually I haven't tried it...

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 29 May 2009, 09:25

Energy drinks thrash your nervous system and make your heart go nuts. I know I'd drink maybe 2 over a 12hour period if I was in for a double shift (9am-11pm) but then I don't drink coffee either.

There was a program in NZ that basically gave people a kick in the ass to lose weight or just improve their diet. One episode there was an early 20's woman who drank 6-7 cans of V/Red Bull a day. Her heart rate resting was that of someone doing a strenuous cardio workout and they estimated if she continued this binge she wouldn't live past 45. I know this is an extreme case, but it shows that excess consumption is terrible for you (One of the reason I won't drink coffee even though I enjoy a good cup every now and then).

On a lighter note, an old favourite; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

EDIT: Disclaimer; I don't care if you drink 12 a day, just saying is all.
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Xact
Legendary

Post by Xact » 29 May 2009, 09:29

Yeah, I went through a phase when I was studying that I was drinking too much of it.

Nowadays I'll have 1 coffee most days, sometimes 2 (another in the arvo). As for the energy drinks, I probably consume 1-2 a week (depending If I pull up sore).

On the other hand I've had nights out where I've drank like 6-10 Jagerbombs, and that's a fuckload of red bull to be consuming in one hit.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 29 May 2009, 09:30

never bought myself to try a jaggerbomb just seems so wrong :) My body can't even handle alchohol though....
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 29 May 2009, 09:38

O.o

Not to say people have to get drunk to have fun when they go out, but what do you drink when you're out?
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 29 May 2009, 09:43

not much really, when we went for the Adelaide meet up i had 1 strongbow and 1 vodka and orange - probably about 1-2 hours apart. I'm a piker I know but 1 drink just makes me want to be sick already and I'm not even tipsy so it's not that fun.
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 29 May 2009, 09:44

Odd, you know what causes the intolerance?

And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 29 May 2009, 09:47

no idea to be honest, used to drink when I was younger and it wasn't so bad but now I just avoid it. But for someone who doesn't drink you should see my alcohol collection :P
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream

dukkha
Epic

Post by dukkha » 29 May 2009, 12:08

Yeah, back when I was in uni, I was drinking 6-10 coffees a day. My instant coffees had 4-5 teaspoons of coffee and my real coffee of choice was ristrettos. I actually had a cafe refuse to make me another coffee one day because they were worried about my health (admittedly I hadn't slept, or left the computer lab (other than for coffee), in 2 days). It's a really good way to a) get a stomach ulcer (which really hurt) and b) get temporary heart problems. The number of times my heart would take on an irregular beat and I'd get shooting pains up my left arm and into my chest... Good times.

The caffeine in 6-7 cans of energy drink really isn't that high though. From memory, a V/Red Bull has about the same caffeine levels as an instant coffee with 1 level teaspoon of coffee (which I believe averages between 65-80mg a teaspoon), so it's not that extreme. Of course the sugar and other stimulants in V/Red Bull probably weren't helping.
Muse wrote:Energy drinks thrash your nervous system and make your heart go nuts. I know I'd drink maybe 2 over a 12hour period if I was in for a double shift (9am-11pm) but then I don't drink coffee either.

There was a program in NZ that basically gave people a kick in the ass to lose weight or just improve their diet. One episode there was an early 20's woman who drank 6-7 cans of V/Red Bull a day. Her heart rate resting was that of someone doing a strenuous cardio workout and they estimated if she continued this binge she wouldn't live past 45. I know this is an extreme case, but it shows that excess consumption is terrible for you (One of the reason I won't drink coffee even though I enjoy a good cup every now and then).

On a lighter note, an old favourite; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

EDIT: Disclaimer; I don't care if you drink 12 a day, just saying is all.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 29 May 2009, 13:20

funny how people smash away with so many energy drinks/coffee and wonder why it doesnt do anything

L2HYDRATE NUBS

1 Coffee + a few litres of water afterwards during the day = WINRAR
Mews wrote:No Rico, it's a rhetorical question.
8?

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 29 May 2009, 14:15

A friend of mine back in uni was scared she might have some kind of nerve problem - her hands would shake uncontrollably.

So she visits the doctor and they run through a series of questions and such. Finally he's like, "so how much coffee do you drink?"

And she says, "Oh, you know - 8 or 9 cups a day"

So the doctor says, "Yeh, okay... stop that. Stop that and the shakes will go away."

And she sat there for a bit before saying, "Okay, I can live with the shakes."

----

PS:
Synthesised taurine in a can is a joke. It does nothing - your body produces it normally and produces more of it under stress. It'd be like... I dunno - rubbing salt water on yourself because you sweat when you're exercising.
Also: No B12 vitamins ftl. One of the only reasons I ever drink RedEye is to counteract the nos from the night before.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!