Scamtastic? (renting)

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Karjalan
Legendary
Scamtastic? (renting)

Post by Karjalan » 05 Apr 2009, 10:47

So i'm looking for a place to live and stay and came across this one which seemed to good to be true in melbourne, relatively close to city centre for cheap as chups.
Re: Reply to your "MODERN FURNISHED 1 BEDROOM APARTMENT FOR RENT AT FRANKLIN ST.MEL" Ad on Gumtree‏
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Friday, 3 April 2009 12:35:59 p.m.
To: mrgommez@hotmail.com

Thanks for your email and it is glad to Read from you.I am Rev David Coerper ,the owner of the 1 bedroom Apartment you are making inquiry of at Franklin St,Melboune Australia.Actually I resided in the Apartment with my Wife before and presently we had Moved out due to my transfer from my Missionary work now situated in the West Coast of Africa and presently my Apartment is still available for rent for $125 per week and $500 per month including the utilities like Good Heaters, Iron and Iron Board, Hair Dryer, Vacuum Cleaner, Equipped Kitchen with Cooking and Eating Utensils, Oven, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Kettle.$500 per month - including electricity..

First and last month rent required to move in...

PAY FOR 3 MONTHS UPFRONT INCLUDING SECURITY DEPOSIT AND GET 1 MONTH FREE....

More so Now, i went for a Christian Missionary Mission in West Africa and i will like you to get in touch with my wife in NEW JERSEY USA for more discussion and Pictures as She is with the keys and the document to the Apartment.Please i want you to note that I am a kind and honest man and also I spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this Apartment and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken ? it is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for check up which i do once in a while and give 1month notice before i come for check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. This apartment is for both short or long term rental.

Special Notice : Pls note that there's none of us to show you the apartment,as we would have to send you the keys through DHL COURIER SERVICE ON A NEXT DELIVERY TO YOUR HOUSE and move in asap.Payment is required.if you are ok with this pls Email my wife Maggie Coerper, at ( mcop87@gmail.com ) and she will attend to you better.You could also call me @ my mobile number which is 01123480389618897 or +23480389618897 ..Also show her my e-mail address so she can really know you are from me.

Thanks and God Bless You

Regards

Rev David Coerper
I mean it COULD be legit... but the horribly broken english, asking for so much money up front with no actual showing or keys handed over and mis spelling his own name..... this with his continual reminder of how trustworthy/christian he is........ I'd rather not touch that tbh.

Anyone think I might be looking too much into it?
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Zoetica
Rare

Re: Scamtastic? (renting)

Post by Zoetica » 05 Apr 2009, 10:52

Dodgeyness. He isn't clear about ANYTHING in that, often saying one thing then saying another... stay away!

Kayleb
Epic

Post by Kayleb » 05 Apr 2009, 11:25

sounds well and truly to good to be true.
pretty convincing story though, had me going for a while
Dr. Emmett Brown wrote: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
P.s. I<3 Penny Kari 'nique

Naoru
Epic

Post by Naoru » 05 Apr 2009, 19:32

Yeah thats dodgy as all fuck. You wouldn't get something that cheap right in the city. 3 months rent in advance is suss, real estate agents only ask 1 months rent and the bond before you move in. If your after a new place try checking out some existing sharehouses. You may have better luck there.
Chain Heal is what Prayer Of Mending wants to be when it grows up... = P Silly priests

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 05 Apr 2009, 19:51

Additionally, if they don't have an agent managing the place for them, it's probably not worth it, even if it is legit.

Frankly, they'd be insane to try to handle it while out of the country - what are they going to do if you chose to stop paying?

Who do you talk to if your hot water system breaks?

Nah, forget about it man.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!