Painkiller Graphics Glitch

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Karjalan
Legendary
Painkiller Graphics Glitch

Post by Karjalan » 12 Sep 2008, 10:38

Hate to be a serious nancy but I've googizzled and searched the web for possible reasons as to why mah version off Painkiller is all white... It sounds like a video card issue or something... Funnily enough, their website appears to be on the same boat as Escapist Magazine... in that my DNS settings don't allow me access.... anyway here's an example.

Basically all the textiles are white, they're still 3d, all the monsters, items, gore, doors, and sky are still coloured... but all the walls, floors, roofs etc... all white. I'm sure I've heard of this before in troubleshooting for other games.
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Takius
Legendary

Post by Takius » 12 Sep 2008, 11:06

Heh, reminds me of playing max payne on my shit laptop. the entire world was all black and all I could see were placed ingame items, max, and the bad guys....made for a weird experience.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 12 Sep 2008, 21:25

Is the game patched up?

You're running the most recent video card drivers?

What video card are you using?

From personal experience the problems I've had with Painkiller have related to it not being able to properly use newer hardware (the game ran crazy-style until I told it to use only one cpu core), so it might not know what to do with your video card.

On another note, I was largely unimpressed with the game even when I got it working well. Just not my thing, I guess.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 12 Sep 2008, 21:57

Yeah atm it's feeling very repetitive, I can't see playing more than an hour straight. It's like quake (original) but without the scary feeling.

Considering my windows just wiped and I had to install all my drivers as of last week :P... I could have installed the wrong ones maybe... however I assumed I would have larger issues if I installed the wrong ones.

I tried playing around with settings.. everything on min everything on max... it all looks the same >.<
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur