Upgrade complete (retsis-fretsis) - Tues 15/04/08

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Apr 2008, 12:39

Philondra wrote:Ah ha! so thats why my post randomly appeared BEFORE plastiques in the frostmourne drama thread!

edit: Err ..... what? My guess is that the forums are ordering posts based on the time zone of the user rather than the time zone of the forums? Or did I just catch it at a bad time?

Anyway, much love for cart and the server! We promise never to gas you like Blizzard did with the Aman'fail hamster!
Yes, the forums will do some crazy shit for a while... probably until 12.40pm-ish AT server time.

I've been putting off fixing my server's clock "issue" since forever, and it means that when I realise it's off by an hour or so, the forums effective go back in time and you get all of this...

...it's better than the 7 year jump that I managed about 12 months ago. Nobody could post, because they'd already posted 7 years in the future, which was sooner than the 15 second limit on the spam prevention. >.<

phpBB is a really good package, but it has some curious oversights, particularly with time/date issues.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 16 Apr 2008, 12:49

WTB posting capacity

HAWT! I'm back baby!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Apr 2008, 13:01

midi wrote:WTB posting capacity

HAWT! I'm back baby!
That'll be 500g.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 16 Apr 2008, 13:44

Pfft, like a person with 20 alts has gold, nice try =P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soak rifts or riot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 16 Apr 2008, 13:57

midi wrote:Pfft, like a person with 20 alts has gold, nice try =P
That's 500 daily quests, tiger. Get to work.