Quick Question b4 applying

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Tmontana
Quick Question b4 applying

Post by Tmontana » 02 Jan 2008, 11:52

im currently on another server looking to maybe transfer , just wondering what time Australia Sydney time you guys start raiding?

Thank you.

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 02 Jan 2008, 12:12

At the present time we raid around 10:30pm EST (Which is Sydney time, which is server time), but invites go out (and the first pull is made) some time before then.

This is not normal throughout the year however; currently it's an arrangement to get around time differences brought about by daylight savings (which accounts for the fact we have no hard numbers for starting times on the forums at the moment; we'll resolve this soonish).

Cheers,
Cartollomew
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Tmontana

Post by Tmontana » 02 Jan 2008, 12:24

awesome , ty for your response.

goldbrand
Common

Post by goldbrand » 02 Jan 2008, 16:48

How long do your raids last per session?

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 02 Jan 2008, 16:53

As long as the group is largely up for it, is my understanding.

Typically 4.5 hours... but again, daylight savings has messed things up, and recently I believe the raids have been shorter (in terms of strictly recorded attendance).

The trouble is that we have members from different timezones who all find the typically GMT+8 raid times desirable; but with DLS, some people find the raids are too early, or go on way too late.

We've never found a satisfactory solution to this problem, so the compromise is that things get a little muddy at this time of year.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Rathollorn
Legendary

Post by Rathollorn » 02 Jan 2008, 18:35

For DST we are doing the following (as in this is when attendance is taken):
10pm buffing and pulling or Kat and myself get bitchy.
2:30am finish or Plastique questions our committment.
Seize the means of production comrades!