Guild Bank Bug

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Astah
Guild Bank Bug

Post by Astah » 23 Nov 2007, 11:34

Just a FIY

Warning: Guild Banks Can Be Robbed!

All of my alts are in a casual guild that has a bunch of real life friends in it on Blackhand. With the new guild bank in 2.3, all of the old bank alt stuff got put into a four tab guild bank. The first tab was "Freebies" that anyone could access. Tabs two to four were all officer only access with the more valuable stuff.

Well it turns out last night a new initiate had full access to all of the tabs of the guild bank. That initiate stole 80%+ of the valaubles out of tabs two to four and then either deleted his toon or transferred to another server. So the bank logs list the initiate as "Unknown" for removing everything.

According to Blizzard, this is how they did it:

Known issue with Guild Bank withdrawal limits

"At this time, Guild Bank withdrawal limits for a given character are not reset when they join a new guild. Thus, whatever limits were applied to that character in their former guild will be carried over, and must be manually readjusted by the Guild Master in order to ensure the desired settings."

So the short term fix for this is for only the guildmaster to invite someone and manually setup their guild bank settings immediately after the invite.

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 23 Nov 2007, 11:54

Thats okay, most new recruits, alts and social members that join the guild are put through a rigorous, humiliating and often religiously offensive hazing as they join.

Ahh that takes me back, ive been with the guild about 3-4months now, and my :O is just starting to heal, I still wake still up screaming tho O.o

Astah

Post by Astah » 23 Nov 2007, 12:12

:shock:

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Nov 2007, 12:51

Rico exaggerates.

The screaming stopped at least a week or so ago.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

midi
Legendary

Post by midi » 23 Nov 2007, 12:59

Was that due to a global mute though?

Astah

Post by Astah » 23 Nov 2007, 14:46

Or ducktape.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Nov 2007, 16:12

Astah wrote:Or ducktape.
Quack.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Johnnyrico
Legendary

Post by Johnnyrico » 23 Nov 2007, 16:26

Cartollomew wrote:
Quack.
Queer.

Cartollomew

Post by Cartollomew » 23 Nov 2007, 16:28

Johnnyrico wrote:
Cartollomew wrote:
Quack.
Queer.
Wishing doesn't make it so.