Forum posting/time shenanigans

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
Forum posting/time shenanigans

Post by Cartollomew » 06 Jun 2007, 04:34

Once again, the server running the forums has its clock set way too fast; currently 40 minutes.

I'm looking into some kind of incremental solution to this, until then, I'll probably be setting the clock right tonight before I sleep.

What this will mean:
1) The forums will "go back in time" 40 minutes.
2) The forums will assume that any posts made during the.. next... 40 minutes were somehow made from the future.
3) This will trigger the anti-spam and you won't be able to post for another 40 minutes and 15 seconds after the time change.

Just warning you.

-C
Last edited by Cartollomew on 07 Jun 2007, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 06 Jun 2007, 11:30

Okay...

Apologies for the extended downtime. It appears I may have set the date... ah... 7 years too early.

I blame the flux capacitor.

Symptoms include all posts appearing as new, if you logged in during the whole "back in time" thing.

If all your posts appear new (since you last looked at them before they were written), simply log out and then in again. Should solve it.

"Doc" Emmet Brown

Runetender
Legendary

Post by Runetender » 06 Jun 2007, 11:40

I just "Marked all forums as read". Your last log will still be June 06 2000, so making all posts 'unread' :P