Just incase you didn't hear (Dick Smiths)

What sort of sandwiches do you have?
Dropdeadqt
Legendary
Just incase you didn't hear (Dick Smiths)

Post by Dropdeadqt » 10 Apr 2012, 11:34

I'm sure you heard about "Tricky Dickies" 7 million dollar games sale that wasn't a sale clusterfuck deal thing last week.

Essentially a price list was leaked online. Lots of massive cheapies like DSi XLs for 40, X360s for 100 and a whole pile of games for a HUGE markdown. The official DSE twitter account confirmed it and the start date. Date comes up and there's almost no stock in stores, lots of stuff was not marked down and almost nothing was actually marked with prices. End result was shitloads of pissed people and a lot of staff taking stuff back to shelves. There were some great bargains if you managed to get something (G15 KB was 30 bucks, wow gaming headset was 20). Eventually there was a shit apology from DSE.

Qt and I were at DSE to try and snag some bargains last week but didn't manage to get much at all. Over the week I've snagged a few bargains at various shops but nothing I was chasing.

There is supposed to be another surge coming this week either Wed/Thur. The website has started to trickle in a couple bargains some with free delivery (I got 2 new headsets for 5 bucks each this morning).

Basically if you're interested in potentially getting some bargains, check out http://www.dicksmith.com.au and browse the categories by price and sort from Low to High.

As a quick idea on a couple deliverables.

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/YG0911/ ... ng-headset - 5 bucks, free delivery.
http://dicksmith.com.au/product/YG0993/ ... t-classics - 1 buck, free delivery.

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Re: Just incase you didn't hear (Dick Smiths)

Post by Dropdeadqt » 11 Apr 2012, 20:48

My Loot List

Battlefield 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dantes Inferno
Secret Files 2
Battlefield 2142
Goldeneye 007 + Wiimote
Wii Gaming Tower
X360 Gaming Tower
Wii Nunchuck
Wii Quad Induction Charger
Metro 2033
Fracture
Bioshock
Command and Conquer Generals
FF XIV

All for about 60 bucks

Picked up a pile of other crap for family as well.

Mews
Legendary

Post by Mews » 12 Apr 2012, 14:09

Dropdeadqt wrote: Picked up a pile of other crap for family as well.
Sims?
Having an abundance of platonic relationships reminiscent of my man, Mike Plato.

All that's left is a beautiful hour
And it's ours, ours.

The pale blue dot.

Dropdeadqt
Legendary

Post by Dropdeadqt » 12 Apr 2012, 14:25

Nah, mums into all that fitness stuff (and singing)

So stuff like Wii balance board protector for 1 buck, double mic pack with game for 20, brain training for 5 etc. etc.

Got my brother Arkham City for 10.50, hoping to get skyward sword cheap in the near future (best I can get is about 47.50 atm, but DSE leaked list indicated 30).