25 Man Garr? We say, "Why not?"

If we downed a boss, you can read about it here. In detail. Sometimes, too much detail.
Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)
25 Man Garr? We say, "Why not?"

Post by Cartollomew » 19 Oct 2006, 03:51

Let me begin by saying that we are clearing MC with a slight population deficit. I need healers. I would love more healers. I'm a tank, I'm powered by heals.

In spite of only having ~30-35 people, we burnt through MC tonight...

Two new kills:

Gehennas went down with little to no fuss (first attempt kill spectacular!)

Garr... was interesting.

By the time we got to Garr himself, there were ~24-25 of us left.
You guys took down Garr (and his adds) in a freakin' marathon fight.
I continue to be amazed.
(first attempt kill DOUBLE SPECTACULAR! OH BOY! LIGHTNING ROUND!)

Also, miffed that you are always making me post two new progression pics per raid. I see what you're doing there.

-Cart
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!

Vella
Epic

Post by Vella » 19 Oct 2006, 11:27

Grats guys on the double takedown! Now, I wanna see you guys clear up to Domo by the time I come back!

Babysugar
Rare

Post by Babysugar » 19 Oct 2006, 12:10

From what i observed in my 1st raid with fellow guild mates, i strongly believe the guild has the potiental to go all the way to domo and clearing mc is no longer a dream, it will be a reality. Nice healing from the only priest and crazy paly/druid tat was around last night despite the number we have. I am here to stay with guild n make progrssion with everyone.

Regards
Babysugar :)

Scarytoon
Rare

Post by Scarytoon » 19 Oct 2006, 18:22

Grats to all those who were there to see the little pipsqueak Garr and his pebbly minions eat dust. I also ate dust as it turned out and so watched the last half of it through the convenient safety of death's ghostly veil, but <sigh> a fine sight to see nonetheless 8)

Mathematically speaking: we downed Luci first time with 35 I believe, Mags with 34, Gehennas was one shotted with 31 or 32, and Garr one shotted with 29, 4 of whom died during the adds fight. So...I figure the next boss or two we should start with 25, allow for 3 deaths, then soldier on to Ragnaros with a stout band of, lets say, 18? One shotting all of course. :wink:
My head is the best looking part of me.

Khanein
Common

Post by Khanein » 20 Oct 2006, 05:43

Great progression, never seen anything like it. Been talking abt this with a freind who's in nexus and glad to say we're one of the only few guilds to have downed MC bosses with less than a 40 man raid, on the first try! Grats to all who got upgrades and seeya all soon for the next few bosses to be one shotted in MC and even beyond.