<Molotov> Puts The Phoenix God To The Sword

If we downed a boss, you can read about it here. In detail. Sometimes, too much detail.
Sapherix
Legendary
<Molotov> Puts The Phoenix God To The Sword

Post by Sapherix » 21 Aug 2007, 14:19

A lot has happened since the last forum update. We said goodbye to our old server community of 12 months, and some of our founding members. We said Hello to a new, much more thriving raid community, and some fresh faces.

We started raiding again last reset. We just dipped our toes in, only cleaning up Maulgar/Gruul/Mags. This reset, we jumped right into the deep end, clearing through all of the old farm content and got back into progression raids.

We knew Al'ar would be our first boss killed on Aman'Thul. It was up to us as to when that would happen. Did we have that old fashioned desire to stand over a freshly killed raid boss with our fellow raiders and yell that old war cry "GG NEXT MAP!!"?

It didn't take long to find out the answer.

We had never pulled Al'ar before. We'd made tab target jokes as we passed by him to Void Reaver, but that was about it. Tonight was one of those nights where everyone was focused on the job, and victory was inevitable. I'd like to say it was an epic battle, and tears were shed, tempers frayed.....but really, we downed him on the 5th pull, unflasked.

First and last screenie you'll see with Molotov members in a pink tabard.

The brand new Molotov really delivers, excellent work guys.

For the record, a good portion of our guild appears to have developed an obsession with Mariah Carey. Not the washed up pop singer, the Draenei Warrior! On vent, i hear random conversations about this mysterious female warrior. She has become a deity to us and we foresee her leading Molotov through BT and beyond.

What else have we been up to?

Well, we downed Cairne Bloodhoof as a parting /salute to Khaz.

<Molotov> moos at Cairne Bloodhoof. Moooooooo.

We had a Molotov royal rumble. All on all in the STV arena. We concluded that healing is overpowered in an anarchic environment. 5 heal spec'd toons stood victorious, none able to kill the other.

A lot of hard work goes into a raiding guild behind the scenes. Lots of time spent organising, scrutinising, problem solving, people management and so forth. Its not all fun and games, or is it? Some random musings from officer chat from our first week on AT.

We had a warrior apply to the guild whose name was Homunkulus. This name was trouble for most of us, but here is our warrior class leader's Feux pas-

Whilst we spent our first week on Aman'Thul rebuilding and not raiding, the officers got very bored. When we don't raid, your officers just become downright weird.

Molotov raids are full of fun, sunshine, love, kisses, and puppies. Why wouldn't you want to raid with us?

We are still looking to add a couple of raiders to our team to fill out our ranks. Apply within!

Sorry Elmo >< No random acts of revenge please, I'm a sensitive mayflower.

Thus ends the first progression post for Molotov on Aman'Thul.

Thanks,
Sapherix
Last edited by Sapherix on 22 Aug 2007, 17:23, edited 4 times in total.

Karjalan
Legendary

Post by Karjalan » 21 Aug 2007, 14:48

I approve of this thread, Particularly the choice of kill shot, that one was the best... Awesome timing >.< and to top it off a naked Verg
"2+2 is 4"
Barney, the Dinosaur

Evilelmo
Epic

Post by Evilelmo » 21 Aug 2007, 16:36

totally taken out of context btw....

but what SS's of me saying the wrong things aren't?

I say LOBBIDITY!!! You say LOL!!!

Sapherix
Legendary

Post by Sapherix » 21 Aug 2007, 16:40

hey now...alls fair.

check your signature for things said out of context..:P

Sorha
Epic

Post by Sorha » 21 Aug 2007, 16:52

Grats guys, wish I could have been there :(

One positive thing..
No more /growls or /crys from Saph and Elmo when they don't get Power Infused :P

Also Elmo I need water for Sorha, can you get a mage up to 70 on Khaz plzkthx.

Vampirial
Legendary

Post by Vampirial » 21 Aug 2007, 18:10

big congrats guys, wish I could o been there :D
Caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine

Cartollomew
I has a monocle (Site Admin)

Post by Cartollomew » 21 Aug 2007, 20:28

That was a fun kill, I like Al'ar.

Urgent Confidential Message to MariahCarey:

And then a hero comes along
with the strength to carry on
and you cast your fears aside
and you know you can survive.
----
Pls tank 4 my priest. <3.

-C

PS
Mariah Carey is a Black Draenei.
Who do you think you are? If you'd stopped winning, you could have been the Biggest Loser, if you gave up, you could have been a Survivor, if you'd stopped reading Orwell, you could have been on Big Brother!